Chapter 13

( Virgils POV)

He... he kissed me. Roman had his lips on mine... and he was kissing me, and I liked it. I was shocked for a good few seconds, but I felt my entire body relax and my eyes fluttered closed. I smiled into the embrace as I stroked the back of Ro's hand with my thumb.

I could stay like this forever. With him. Just us. But I had to do something in order to stay this way. I felt a pit grow in my stomach as I pulled away from him and removed his hand from my cheek.

His eyes opened slowly and he looked at me confused. My eyes filled with tears as I pictured being pulled away from his unconscious body and I breathed in shakily. I smiled softly at him and sniffed. " Hey, don't cry. Just tell me, Virge."

I wanted to. I really did. But I needed him. I shook my head and stood up. " Sorry, Roman. It's not a choice." With that I sprinted out of the room and slammed the door shut. I quickly locked it with Roman inside.

I couldn't let him stop me. He pounded against the wood but I ignored him. " Virgil!? Stop this, please! Don't!" He begged. I sighed and walked away. " You'll thank me..." I said to myself. I approached Patton in the kitchen again.

" Give it." I said sternly. Patton gasped when he heard the pounding from my room. " You-you locked Roman in your room?! Virgil Sanders!" He pulled a key from his pocket and rushed up the stairs. I groaned frustratedly then turned to Logan with intent to attack. He remained calm, but I could see fear behind his eyes.

He pointed with his pencil to a drawer and I yanked it open. After rifling through a bunch of baking tupperwares, their it was. The box. His subconscious. I pulled it out carefully and stared at it. I had it. But at what cost?

Logan yelped fearfully and I felt a cold hand on my shoulder once again. " Very good, Virgil." Deceit said. " Now. Give it here."