Chapter 22

( Virgil's POV)

" Don't talk to him like that." I warned Deceit, looking back at him furiously. He glared at me. But his expression changed into a dark one, ill intentions behind his eyes . A chill ran down my spine and I tried to step back but Roland still clenched my wrist.

Dee shrugged. " Well, I guess if you two won't kiss, I'll have to move to part B of my plan." I pried at Rolands hand again but he wouldn't budge. " Deceit, stop! Please!"

Dee merely snickered and snapped his fingers, summoning Payton and Locklan, once Patton and Logan, to his sides. He took my hands and stroked them softly, humming a bit. I wanted to yank them away and slap him, but I stayed put to keep him happy.

" I suppose you think I did all this to make you miserable, huh?" He asked. I bit my lip and nodded timidly as he pulled me closer by my forearms. Roman shuffled a bit, but remained calm.

" Oh, Virge, they've made you so small minded." He chuckled lightly. " It's so much more than that." I cocked an eyebrow. " ...How?" He grinned widely and squeezed my arms harshly, I winced and he smiled even more.

" This is about removing the weaklings." He continued. " By putting dark thoughts in Thomas's subconscious, I altered the sides of his personality, to be... more efficient." I gaped and shook my head.

" No, no, dee this isn't... that's not-" " But... since you were already a dark once, I didn't quite know how to fix you like the others." Deceit added. I tried to pull away again but he only held me tighter. " So, I'll try a more personal approach."

I yelped as he kicked me harshly in the calf, sending me crashing to the floor. I clenched my teeth and cursed as he kicked me again, this time in the stomach. " The idea is to break your spirit, only THEN can you reach your full potential." He stomped on my ribs to make his point and tears fell from my eyes again.

I covered my head, but that was no help as soon as Denial and Insanity began to help. Blood poured from my lips and nose and I found myself calling out for Roman. He was the only one who wasn't beating me.

He just stood there, looking as torn as someone can. I felt it. Something about me wasn't right. I was going to change after a few more lashes. With the tiniest strength I begged. " R-roman... please... he-elp..."