Chapter 15

( Virgils POV)

I did it. He was safe now. But I couldn't ignore the horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. Hot tears filled my eyes once more and I bit my lip as Romans door slammed shut. I could explain now, but I didn't know how to start. I dragged my feet over to his door and knocked weakly.

" Roman? Roman I... I'm sorry." I croaked and pressed my forehead against the white wood. There was no answer, and it made me feel even more empty. " Y-you have to understand, I-i was scared... he was going to take you away from me." I tried to defend.

" I can take care of myself." He said emotionlessly. I let my tears slide down my cheeks. " Please, Ro, everythings going to be fine, you have to believe me." I heard footsteps to the door, but he didn't open it.

" No. I don't have to. H-how... how could you, Virgil?" I felt like disappearing. Like leaving and never coming back. But my legs were stiff as a board. " H-he was going to pull a Maleficent on you, Roman! He threatened to make you sleep forever and I can't-" My legs gave out. I kneeled in front of his door, staring at the floor.

I didn't think it would be this hard. It was all too much. I had just had Roman. I had everything. And now he despised me. Thought I was the bad guy again. Well... maybe I am. Maybe it's in my blood. I can never seem to escape it.

It felt like my own heartbeat was slowing and so was my breathing. Roman stayed silent, too upset to speak to me. I couldn't find anything to say that would make him forgive me. So I just said the truth. " Roman... I love you..." I said softly.

The door opened in a flash, nearly making me stumble into his room. Roman looked down at me and opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by an ear piercing scream. It came from downstairs.

He booked it down the stairs and I followed quickly after him. I was terrified by what I saw. Logan was cradling Patton in his arms while he twitched uncontrollably and sobbed. What. Did. I. Do.