The Battle - Finale (26)

Prepare youselves guys. This isn't the last chapter, there will probably be 2 or 3 more left, but just be warned, it's an incredible sad chapter. Just be warned, okay?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Battle - Finale

      I couldn’t breathe. Every moment I had ever shared with Jasmine ran through my mind. Every smile, every word, every kiss, every touch. Everything.

      Laughter echoed all around as Isobella through the sword down beside Jasmine’s body. Her back was facing me and it appeared that she hadn’t noticed that I was here, let alone that I was prepared to fight.

      I looked to Jasmine, then to Isobella, then back to Jasmine, contemplating how I would be able to save her with out Isobella hurting her more. It was clear that she only had a short amount of time left.

      Her chest moved slowly as her unconscious breath became jagged. I couldn’t stand to see her like this. Taking a step towards her, my body was suddenly propelled backwards until I crashed against a wall.

      “Not on my watch bitch, you wanna save her? You gotta go through me!”

      My eyes flashed to her limp body that lay nearly a hundred feet away, and then they flashed to those blood red eyes. There was only ever going to be one answer.

      “Game on!” I screamed, propelling my body towards hers, flames burning up my arms.

      My arms clamped around her neck and shoulders. Her screams echo in my ears as her flesh burns beneath my fingers. But it wasn’t long till my screams began as she lashed her fangs into my shoulder and started to tear.

      A blinding fist smashed against my nose, propelling me backwards. I groaned as I held a hand to my shoulder and smeared the blood away.

      She smiled and licked away the blood from her lips and growled blissfully “Mmmm, I can never get over how amazing you taste.” Licking her lips again she smirked “Maybe when she’s good and dead I can erase your memory and fuck you all over again, hmm?”

      Glaring at her I clasped my sword that lay at my side. “Go. To. Hell!” Rushing forward in quick movements I powered towards her.

      Rounding my sword I smiled as I caught her hip and watched as the blood began to seep through the wound. Sadly it wasn’t deep enough. Taking the sword from above my shoulder and taking another slash I was shocked to see Isobella raise her hand to my sword.

      Holding it in her hand her clenched a fist against it and hardly even flinched as blood ran down her arm. A smile crept onto her face as she landed a kick to my stomach, causing me to release the sword.

      She through it to the side.

      “Who would have thought?” She sneered as I took a blow tothe chest, having the air knocked right out of me. “Who would have thought the supposed Chamber descendant with the ultimate power hardly knows how to protect the one she loves let alone herself?”

      Glaring, I whipped the blood from my lip and snapped. “I can protect everyone I love. I WILL protect everyone I love!” But she just laughed.

      “You don’t know the prophecy do you?” I frowned at her words. That just made her laugh again. “She’s going to die!” She pointed to the silent body on the ground “And there’s nothing you can do about it.”