Dare #83

GalaxyNova65 dares:
I dare everyone to break the fourth wall.

Medix: *not understanding as Whirl zips around in the background* why would we want to break a wall? And specifically the fourth? Which wall is the fourth wall-

Whirl: *literally unzips the frame* found it!! *looks through* oh wow!! Look! We have an audience!!

Recruits: *all walk over and step through*

Hotshot: wow... I can't believe humans actually know about us-

Hoist: *sees some past frames of their shenanigans and then looks over to see some future frames* wow guys look! We can see all the things we've done in the past and in the future!

Hotshot: *turns ghost white as he sees a frame in the future and immediately covers Medix's optics*

Medix: w- hey! Why can't I see???

Hotshot: *blushing hard* t-trust me babe... it's better this way...

Wedge: *manages to clear out the frames and then sees into the real world* wait... is that us? On a TV screen??

Recruits: *all swarm around him*

Medix: hm.. it seems in this world, we are nothing more than fictional.

Hotshot: oh please tell me we're not- *sees that they're all just friends* and I'm definitely not liking this...

Whirl: *messing with the audience by waving and doing cartwheels* why do you say that??

Hotshot: you and Hoist aren't dating and Medix and I are only friends! And *as he looks at some posts about different ships* apparently there are lots of ships between us...

Medix: oh look! I see some art of us-

Natalie (ayyyyy wassup it me the author): *stops them* DON'T LOOK AT THOSE!!!

Recruits: *screaming*

Whirl: *after everyone stops screaming* who... who are you??

Natalie: oh. My name is Natalie! I'm the author of this Ask or Dare series!

Recruits: oh.

Recruits: wait...

Medix: so you're the reason we're different compared to our TV counterparts?

Natalie: *nervously* surpriiiiiise...

Hotshot: wait wait wait... so you're the one who created us like this?

Natalie: yes.

Wedge: why?

Natalie: I... don't know. I just felt like it would be fun to play around with each of your different personalities while also trying to incorporate life lessons and humor.

Whirl: do you have an audience?

Natalie: this is the current count as of today (Nov. 26, 2019)

Recruits: *wide optics*

Wedge: does your audience even enjoy this?

Natalie: god I sure hope so. I enjoy writing all of you in your unique ways and using it all in scenarios I can come up with. I love the feedback and the many creative requests that come with it. But the only way to truly answer that question is by hearing what the audience thinks about this series.

Recruits&Natalie: *awkward staring toward the audience like Dora the Explorer*

Answer here folks!

Natalie: anyway... I plan to continue writing each of you in this fashion and I might even have a part 2 of this series coming out soon.

Recruits: oh cool!

Natalie: really?

Hotshot: totally! We've been having a lot of fun with these asks and dares over the time we've started! And now we know the dummy behind all of this!

Medix: *smacks him* Hotshot!

Natalie: *giggles* yep. I'm that dummy. Now let's get you back into your world before things get out of hand-

Whirl: *looking at a future frame* oh wow! I didn't know Wedge was gonna be the Best Man at- MPF.

Hotshot: LEAVING NOW! *gets his whole team back to their world as the wall goes back to normal* well that was fun.

Wedge: *just stunned*

Medix: *goes over to Whirl* Whirl? What was it you were looking at?

Whirl: oh! It was-

Hotshot: *takes Medix away bridal style* I JUST REMEMBERED THAT I HAVEN'T GOTTEN MY CUDDLES TODAY- LATER!!

Hoist: *laughs as Medshot leaves* he's taking too long.

Whirl: *walks out with him, giggling* no kidding! *turns off the lights*

Wedge: *still in the room as he's still in shock, tears falling* Best.... Man....?