twenty four ▋zero to one

Start from the beginning

"What else am I supposed to do?" A masculine voice asked, in almost a pouting tone as he responded to the foxlike woman. "She's not going willingly come to me, half of my unit tried to murder her on sight."

A light laugh filled the evening air, slowly morphing from its childish tone to a more sinister and silvery sound. "Oh it's quite easy, don't worry," She assured her partner, the grass beginning to rustle as they began to move around. "Children are very simple beings. You just... lure them gently and delicately. And when the time is right," A gunshot suddenly shot off, shaking the area around it with its sound and frightening any wildlife that was around them. Mari instinctively put her hands over her ears, trying to cover her ears as the woman spoke. "You put them to sleep."

"Oh..." The masculine voice replied, sudden confidence spiking in tone town. "Smart."

Mari cautiously took her hands off of her ears, trembling violently in pure anxiousness. She couldn't see them, but she could hear them. She could hear absolutely everything they were saying loud and clear. The girl had no clue whether they were bluffing, trying to get under her skin and drag her out that way instead. "Think Mari. Think you stupid idiot!" She cursed, trying to find a way out of her current situation. It didn't feel like she had any options to choose from.

"Little girl?" The woman called, the grass rustling as the Kim Faction members attempted to approach her. Mari tensed up trying to determine which side of the tree she'd appear on so that she would get an advantage on her enemy. "Sweetheart?" She called again as if she was truly going to respond to her. "Friendly benefactor... you aren't still mad at me about the Utopia, are you? I was just following orders from my higher-ups, I had no choice."

Mari nearly screamed when the woman rounded the corner of the tree, coming up on the girl's right unexpectedly. She immediately shoved the woman away from her, trying to put as much distance as she could between the two of them. The Kim Faction member was awfully calm when Mari placed her hands on her, dusting herself as if the Seo Faction girl was dirty. "I don't want to hurt you, won't your friends be sad if you suddenly became injured? I just want to talk, that's all."

With every step Mari took back, the woman would take another one towards her. She could tell she was hiding her malicious intent under a rather sweet looking face, repressing the urge to intimidate her with the pendant that hung around her neck. Where was her partner? The one that had been chasing Mari was nowhere insight, and that was nerve-wracking to know. With the Kim Faction so bluntly in her face now, that meant the unit member was using her distraction to strike Mari when she wasn't looking. "Back up grandma." She hissed, her back suddenly hitting a tree, stopping her from moving away.

The woman tried to ignore the girl's insult, though she was visibly getting frustrated with her. "No need to get so defensive! I just want to get to know you better, after all the fight never really wasn't finished at the Utopia and your beneficiary put up quite the fight. Let's play a quick game so we can be more acquainted with each other!" She tried to convince her, cornering her with her left arm so that she couldn't escape the other way. "Come on, let's play a game."

"And I said back off," Mari growled, grabbing a hand full of the woman's hair and yanking her towards the ground. The spike of pain from how hard she was pulling made the woman gasp, clenching her teeth and she tried to keep herself from showing weakness. There was a fire in her eyes as she glared at the girl with her foxlike eyes, reaching her hands up towards her throat in an attempt to choke her. "No hands on the merchandise." She scolded, bringing her knee up to strike her in the stomach.

The woman gasped once more the attack, dropping to her knees as she tried to soothe her aching. Mari let go of her the moment she landed on the ground, not wasting anymore more time and making a run for it. She didn't know how big the woman's pain tolerance was nor how fast she'd recover from her attacks, so she needed to escape as fast as her legs would take her. "Call someone. Call San, call Yeosang." She mumbled to herself as she began searching for her phone once more, pulling it out swiftly and turning it on. "Call Wooyoung, shit call Hongjoong! Just someone that can get you out of here as fast as possible."