Chapter Twenty-Five

Start bij het begin

I shrugged, not wanting to get into it. He gave me chills. The way he always has no emotion. What human being doesn't have emotions? We get into the car and as she pulls out I tell her some good news to cheer her up.

"You convinced me Rose, I'll move in with you." I say.

"Oh! Really?! Yay! Oh my gosh thank God!" she says a bit relieved.

I laugh. "Pass by the dorms so I can check my safe. I think we should go shopping for my bed and drawer and desk and stuff."

"Sure, lets go!" she said.

We went to the dorms and I counted my money in the safe. As I opened the safe, Rose was looking around the dorm. She even laid on my bed, when I finished counting the money I took enough that would last me the whole day. I grabbed my wallet and stuffed a huge watt of cash in it.

"Ready. What are you thinking of Rose?" I ask her as I put the wallet in my bag.

"Just remembering how I used to be it. Thank God I moved out." she waved the thought and left the room. I was going to move out. Whether I was ready or not I was going to. Maybe I just needed to get farther away.

***

I waved bye to Rose as she zoomed away, I was walking towards the entrance as I saw someone standing there. I inched closer, it was sunset so trying to distinguish the facial features. I could tell it was a man, the long legs and jeans could verify that.

"Hey there." he said, as he caught glimpse of me.

"Hi Mark!" I said, approaching him for a hug. He wrapped his arms around me tightly, the smell of Downy over-powering my sense of smell, security washing over my being... I pull away, shocked at my last thought. When was the last time I ever felt secure?

"Glad I could catch you before it got darker." he grinned.

"I'm sorry for what happened yesterday... for running off like that with Rose without explanation." I look down.

He tilts my face upwards and I meet his eyes, which dare I say were darker blue at this moment. "No need. I recognized the guy. That was Harry, wasn't it?" he said, his eyes getting serious. I felt my whole body jolt at the sound of his name, not as much pain as it used to bring me though.

"Yes, that was him." I say a bit embarrassed.

He nodded, like he knew it all along. His jaw seemed clenched at the approving answer. He finally looked back at me.

"Let me take you out, I want to show you something. And I think now would be the most perfect time."

It was a bit past six, I suppose I could go. I nodded and he led me to his car. Although I was in a car all day, being in a car with Mark didn't feel as bad. We drove for what seemed like hours, the dashboard read eighteen thirty, which I assumed was seven thirty. The ride wasn't boring, Mark kept up with a conversation. We started to go uphill and he came to a stop across a lonely house that seemed to be awake with some lights on.

"We're here." he said, happily.

"Question is, where is here?" I said, getting out of the car. He walked around to my side and offered his arm, I wrapped my arm around it as he walked me to the open hill. I looked back at the house, it seemed so lovely. He guided me on top f the hill and spread a blanket. We both sat down and you could see all of London.

It was like a play of lights, golden and bright. It seemed so distant, like an illusion of some other world that I will never get to know. Somewhere in between those bright lights, there is Harry. Enjoying his time with his girlfriend. Somewhere he has completely forgotten about me and now I know I have to forget about him.