Blood Eagle.

I step to the small lake, stepping into the chilled water

I step to the small lake, stepping into the chilled water. It's not like the hot baths I'm use to. I sink under the water and then swim up, pushing my hair back. I stay there for a moment then move from the lake, squeezing my hair of the water. I place the same dress on and step to my cabin.

I pull the leather straps to my gold scaled armor, clenching my jaw as I pull the one located beside the cut on my arm. I sigh softly. My bones ache. I put my hair back in two small twists leaving the rest to fall down my back. The waves from the way it dried. I slip the cloak on for added warmth and step out of my small yet cozy cabin.

After last night, the sacrifice has changed the way I see things around me. A person. Ivar said it was nothing compared to anything else.

The things I see. His mother saw the same. Some of them call her a witch. I only see when I'm wanted to. He spoke of the gods. And everything. How could I believe? From what I've seen. But my faith in my own God is still strong.

I step to the docks where my ships are being loaded along with the Army. If I was to ever fight against them. I would have to ask for gods help. I step through the crowds of people and to the deck where the boys speak. More bickering than anything.

I clear my throat and tilt my head to the side, holding my hands together. "Good Morning." I smile to them and Ivar looks at me then away. Have I done anything?

They stay silent. "My ship is ready when you are.." I step away and climb onto my own ship with several of my guards. They are terrified of how to fight. But they will be okay.

I lean against the post and they blow the Horn. I whistle and look up to see Rollo on the deck, looking at us. "Goodbye Queen." I look at him for a moment. "Goodbye." I say dryly and step from the post, walking to the head of the ship.

We sail on. The journey isn't long before we arrive to Wessex. I step off the ship and help, bring things from the ship.

After everything, we step until we have officially reached a camp for the Fight. They set it up but it isn't long until we are trotting to the battlefield. King Aelle will be waiting for us.

I look to see Ivar on a carriage being pulled by a horse. Something you would see at a Roman Colosseum. That's when everyone starts moving. When that same horn blows.

We start walking. I make my way up next to Bjorn. We step together until we arrive infront of King Aelle. He's terrified by the look on his features. I pull my sword from the sheathe and he looks upon me.

The banging of axes against shields is loud. I hear the horn and we charge. I swing at someone and duck as they swing at me. I slice open his stomach.

I stab the next and stand in front of the other. Hvitserk, Bjorn's brother, slices his neck from behind and it gets on my face. He laughs and continues on. I turn and continue fighting until there is no one left to fight. King Aelle is captured and tied to the back of Ivars Chariot, being dragged along as we walk. I step behind the brothers.

As we arrive to a place in the woods. They hold King Aelle up. I step away from them and step to where the camp is being set up. I move pieces of hair from my face and step to the group of men hanging around the Ale. I grab a horn and fill it up. I drink it quickly. I get another and move to sit on a crate.

I look up to some of my wounded men and then look up at the boys coming back. "Tonight. We sacrifice to a Blood Eagle. To avenge Our father. Ragnar Lothbrok." Bjorn says and they all chant for him. He seems angry still.

I look at Ivar who is getting off of the chariot and Bjorn who steps to me. "You did very well. No blade touched you." I nod and sip my from my cup. "Hvitserk helped with that." I stand and look up at him. "You look like a warrior." He nods and crosses his arms. "I shall see you tonight."

I sip from my cup as he steps away.

It's time. We step to where Ragnar was killed. They strip Aelles shirt from his body and lays him over a rock. I stand beside the other Vikings and Ivar is laid infront of Aelle, looking into his eyes, smiling.

They lay a dagger in a pit of hot coals. Letting the metal heat. I watch as they take the hot knife from the coals and stab into Aelles back, running it down to over the skin. He lets out yells and screams. I part my lips and blink at them.

He pulls the skin away from each sides. The blood splashes onto Ubbe and onto our faces. They let the blood spill out and then place him onto a pillar.

The next thing they do is gruesome. They take nails and nail his hands to a pillar. The sound of them cracking against his bones as well at the hammer. His voice no more.

I can feel my eyes stinging with tears as they hang him from the trees. I step away and step to my own tent, yanking the armor from my body. I walk to a dish and wash the blood from my face. Or try to.

I look up as the tent flies open. I look to see Bjorn. He has blood on his face. He drops his cloak on the ground and stares at me. "Bjorn.. what?.." he steps to me and grabs my face, pushing his lips against mine.

I press him off breathing harshly. "You have a wife." He looks at me and clenches his jaw. "I am a Viking."

He grips me by the back of my hair and presses his lips against mine again except I melt into the kiss. He turns me around to face the small table that has the small thing of water.

He pulls my pants down my legs and bends me over, moving into me harshly. I part my lips and he grips at my throat slightly, holding my head up. I part my lips and moan as he continues to move. He lets out a grunt and continued to keep going, soon releasing me. I breathe heavily and turn to him. He lifts me onto the small counter, making the water fall to the floor and moves back into me, making the small vanity rock. I hold onto his shoulder tightly, digging my nails into his shoulders. I let out louder moans and he continues, kissing my lips.

As I reach my high. He then moves out of me and makes a low grunt, bowing his head. I stand and fix my shirt to cover my lower half, staring up at him.

He looks down at me and licks his lips. He cups my cheeks softly, kissing my forehead. He then picks up his own pants, stepping back from me. "I'll see you tomorrow Queen Isabella." I nod and move my hair to the side. "Goodnight Bjorn.." He leaves the room and I pull my own trousers back up, moving my hair from my face and the mess it is.

I lick my lips and sit down on the small bed. I lay down and look to the light that lights the corner. The candle bright. I pull the furry blanket over me and close my eyes.

I drift to sleep moments later. Dreams filled with screams and blood.