"What is it?" She asks as we take a seat on the L shaped couch.

"Alyssa is coming over later on. She is staying the night. Can I go out to get a few things?" I ask and she rolls her eyes playfully. 

"Of course. You yelled so loud for that. Darling take a driver and get the hell out of here!" She slaps my ass before kicking me out. 

I leave with a stunned expression and a smile. 

My Mama is crazy and young at heart.

I had to have 3 things: Snacks, face masks, nails. The driver waited in the parking lot as I grab everything I need. My cart was full of sweet/salty snacks, I had a million face masks and different nail paints for us.

As soon as I get home I am so hungry. Leaving the bags in the foyer I head to the dining room where I see Alyssa. 

"You made it bitch!" I squeal and give her a hug. 

Just as Papa and Mama both say, "Language!" 

Apologising quickly I sit next to Alyssa as we eat dinner together. Mama made Steak, chicken salad and tiramisu for dessert. 

As soon as we walk into our bedroom we get dressed into our pyjamas. Mine a black satin nightshirt and Alyssa's light pink shorts and satin top. 

With face masks on our face and painting each other's nails we indulge in conversation. 

"You remember Rom right?" Alyssa suddenly asks. 

I snap back, "Don't call him that!" 

That was my name for him. 

"Romero. Yes!" I answer politely. 

"You still get those nightmares!" She asks while popping Reese's pieces in her mouth. 

"Every single day. They always end up with him leaving me." Tears pool in my eyes and I shrug letting go of whatever has happened.

"He'll come back. If he promised. He will!" Alyssa convinces me but I gave up hope a long time ago.

"Lyssa it's been 5 years. If he was coming back he would've by now. Can we talk about something else?" I plead the topic of Rom always getting me on edge. 

I miss him like crazy. He is always on my mind. 

The once affection and care I had for him is gone and it is now replaced with everlasting fury and annoyance at the mere mention of him.

"When was the last time you Athena Valentine had a night out?" Alyssa jokes about since I'm always either at work, with her or at home.

"In a long time." I sigh memories of the fun carefree things I used to do. 

I'm 21 and I'm living like I'm married with 5 kids. 

"What have you got planned?" I take the Pringles out of her hands and munch on them. 

Smirking I know that Alyssa must have something up her sleeve otherwise she would have stayed quiet. 

"I'm going clubbing with my date Matt tomorrow. The new club that opened Desiree. You and Kyle are coming." She points her finger at me. 

"We'll come to your place and leave from here. You best be ready!"

"Alyssa!" I murmur during another episode of The Vampire Diaries. 

"Hmm!" She answers too focused on the screen. 

"I miss him so much it hurts! He was there for me. You know how much he meant to me. How much I meant to him? Why would he leave me here? Why?" I whisper sadly and she embraces me in a tight hug and I cuddle in her arms.

"Athena you have got to trust him. A man like him doesn't break promises. But I know that asshole took 5 years. You have got Kyle now. He treats you way better. Maybe you and Romero were just meant to be close friends. Nothing less and nothing more!" 

I wish her words weren't true but now that I think about it she may be right. There must be someone out there meant for me. 

My other half. My soulmate. 

It might not be Romero. It might be someone else and I'm going to have to accept that. 

With those words lingering in the air my eyes drift into darkness welcoming the dreamless slumber. 

Ready to party my ass off the next day with my boyfriend and best friend. 

A/N:

Hope u enjoy.

Don't forget to comment and Vote. 

Soul x