Raise your Glass

I woke up next to Lexington like I always did. My head was pounding. I avoided the thoughts of Tia that immediately washed over me. I huddled closer into Lexington's body. Save me from the sorrow that desired to drown me.

But something else moved against the back of me. I turned over to find Forrest.

I jumped up. He sat up as well, moving swiftly away from me. He tried to dismount the bed but ended up falling on top of Alcibiades, who got up too.

"What are you doing in my room?" I growled at them.

"What's going on?" Lexington shuffled around.

I shoved a pillow in his face. "Al, hide."

Alcibiades fumbled in his pocket for his ring. It didn't take him long to find it. Lexington tried to fight me off, but I held the black fabric firm until Al was hidden.

"What the fuck?" He seethed, throwing the pillow at my head.

"What are you doing here?" I directed back to the water fae, chucking the pillow at the two of them.

"Nothing!" Forrest defended as Al smacked it away. "We were looking out for the two of you."

"We didn't..." Lexington covered his face.

"No!" Forrest interjected. "I would never do anything like that."

"Yeah," I sat down. "I believe him. He's saving himself."

"Forrest made me sleep on the floor to avoid anything like that," Alcibiades crossed his arms. "I charmed you guys to sleep."

"I told you that you could only come if you didn't use your powers," I sighed.

"I'm not afraid of you," Al stepped up to the edge of the bed. "You and your boyfriend here were making asses out of yourselves. Crying and screaming in the bar last night. You're going to attack us for attempting to protect you. That's stupid."

Forrest managed to stay away from the rest of us, slipping into his disguise as well.

"He's right," Lex grabbed my hand. "Fuck, my head hurts. But he's right. They did help us out."

"Clearly, words weren't helping you. I recall telling both of you to stop drinking," Al glared.

"I remember dat clearly," Forrest raised his hand quietly. "I...I can't get drunk."

"You can't?" Alcibiades flushed.

"No!" Forrest shouted, trying to recover from sharing a secret. "And I would like no one else to hear about it!"

"I'm sorry," Alcibiades shrank to nothing.

"Well," Lexington got up. "I'm going to change. I think we should go downstairs and let this air out for a moment. Also, I'd like a hangover cure."

~*~

Alcibiades caught me before I could slip away. I wasn't sure what to do anymore. My head was all muddled. He had learned my damn secret. He knew I was a liar. But he was lying too. I could hear it.

"I'm sorry," he apologized again. "I was rude to you. Not just last night but a couple of times. I didn't know."

"It's okay," I pushed it away. "I was scared. I always have been."

"I like you," he grabbed my hands. "I don't regret doing any of these things because it only helped me to learn more about you."

I was frozen. He liked me too. He knew. He liked me. He knew who I was. I stood out to this little Blackwater Nymph. He liked me too.