White Wedding

"Is everythin' all 'ight?" Salvador turned to me.

I smiled softly at him, stepping up to fix his vest. He was so nervous. But this is what is to be expected on one's wedding day. He looked wonderful in a black velvet Downwonder vest, his pants black and straightened, the grey velvet collar bent over the vest, the silver buttons, and black shoes. I had never really seen Salvador without his hat either. His hair reminded me of sand. His one wing twitched nervously. 

"Relax, love," I smoothed the velvet down his side. "Everything is just fine."

"'Anks, 'Alia," he sighed. "I'm so nervous."

"That's what I'm here for," I assured him. "I'm here to worry for you."

"Thalia!" A call came from the other room.

"One second," I called back. "Sal, just sit down and drink some water, okay? You have nothing to worry about."

"Thalia," Caius grabbed my arms when I entered the room. "I can't do this."

"You keep saying that, but I keep disproving you," I wandered over to the vanity in this room.

"Everyone's out there, Thalia Nigh, you stupid bitch," Caius came around. "I wasn't even sure I could love someone, and I'm here, and I can't."

"You are absolutely fine," I grabbed his chin, slipping honey gel through his hair. "You aren't doing this for everyone out there. You are doing it for you and Salvador, the absolute love of your life."

"I hate you," he seethed.

"You were the one who said yes to his proposal," I smirked, straightening his black Downwonder vest too. 

"Shut up," he sighed.

"Here," I grabbed a set of notes out of my purse. "You asked for these. Everything is written as you requested me to."

"Everything?" he scanned them over.

"Every last word. Now you have a few minutes. You better walk out there, Mr. Dragon Tattoo," I poked his bicep where a twisted black dragon stood bravely.

"I've got it," Analeise smiled.

"Good," I walked back to Salvador's room. "Make sure he comes out there."

"Is 'e not?" Sal's voice squeaked.

"It's fine," I rested my hand on Sal. "He's going to do it. He's just nervous."

Salvador swallowed. "'Ight, 'ight," he leaned forward. "I migh' be sick."

"You can do this, Salvador," I brought his eyes to meet mine. "Your parents are here; your friends are here, but what matters is you are committing yourself wholly to the love of your life."

"Yeah," he nodded. "Ya are 'ight, 'is was my idea."

"So go finish," I reached my hand to help him up. "Are you ready?"

"Yes," Sal quickly grabbed my hand.

Music began in the church before us. I squeezed Salvador's arm, waiting for the doors to open. The two nuns nodded when they did so. I walked into the church, Salvador beside me. This was a church Caius knew, the man I thought would be the furthest thing from religion. A woman stood at the altar, beaming. Everyone rose as we strode past, honoring Salvador, his decision, and his bravery. 

We stopped before the altar, the woman nodding to us as we stepped off to the side. The crowd started to sit as Caius walked down the aisle, Analeise on his arm, practically dragging him at first. His red eyes caught Salvador. He then floated towards the altar.