Appealing

I found a silver-lined note beneath my door. A mission statement with Miles, Rodam, Silver, and Jefall. Which also meant his companions were tagging along—what a trail of people. I packed my bags and headed downstairs to grab my provisions.

"Good morning, beautiful," Silver kissed my cheek.

"Hey," I grinned. 

I waved to my brother and Miles. Rodam was carrying Miles' things because his arm was still hurt from an incident no one spoke about. Lastly, Jefall graced us, with both Jayden and Quinn in tow. Without much delay, we set off.

But as our flight continued, the air grew thick with mist. A heavy fog was set upon this area. It wasn't until Quinn dropped, with my brother luckily quick enough to save her, that we decided to settle. 

"This is weird," Silver sat by the fire.

"Pixie wings can't get wet," Miles offered.

"I know that," Silver looked away. "Why would Thalia send us in such a condition, though? She knows pixies are useless when wet."

"Ye think she still can't see ahead?" I tried.

"Maybe not," he shrugged. "She is only just getting over the madness. Hopefully, this doesn't stall our mission more than one day."

"I vote we eat and turn in," Jefall stood. "Maybe we can get an early start after this delay."

"That's a good idea," Silver turned to his bag. 

I knew Silver wouldn't sleep. He never did. Try as he might, this was just an awkward pause in our plans.

We ate our dinner without much talking and retreated to our respective tents. As Rodam settled in, though, I couldn't sleep either. It hatched a plan in my mind.

~*~

I wasn't sure why sharing the tent with the new guy felt like a punishment. I was newer here myself. It was only fair. However, I also knew that my only other option was staying with Silver, which wasn't much better. But I gave it a try because Jefall was new, and he couldn't be the worst fae I'd ever met.

I settled in before he did, confirming that his companions were indeed okay and prepared for any need that popped up.

"You treat your companions well," I mentioned. It was the only comment I could formulate.

Jefall laughed. "Well, it's not like they're forced to stay with me. They could leave at any time. I have to work hard to make sure they're happy and satisfied to ensure I have the power to fight."

"How are you liking Delta Ace so far?"

"It takes some getting used to. I am used to wide farms and fields. The city isn't as friendly or forgiving. While there's more fae, it feels as if there's less life, you know? No animals or creatures to talk to. I know they don't understand me, but I still appreciate their company. Fae seem much more interested in why I have companions than me...so...there's that?"

I cleared my throat. "I didn't mean to make it weird. I'm from Evenectine. We don't have any fae that utilize the abilities of others to be their own power."

"I get that. It's a new idea. Every fae on Evenectine is like descended from the Chi-Wong and uses their Gifts of foresight, knowledge, and intuition to do things rather than look to others for answers."

Now it was my turn to laugh. "No, I come from a clan where we build statues out of marble for export. There is no foresight, knowledge, or intuition involved. It's labor."

"New ideas," Jefall nodded. "I suppose you can't assume everything."

"No, not at all," I shook my head. "I'm going to get to sleep. I have to remove the device that allows me to hear, so I apologize if I don't answer. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to shake me. I'll be more likely to respond."

"Thank you for letting me know. Goodnight, Miles."

"Goodnight," I removed my magnets.

All descended from the Chi-Wong. That was laughable. Not all of us shared their slanted eyes or their more fae-tuned Gifts. Some of us were forced to work for them as servants until that was abolished, setting up clans from those of us who remained. I came from those fae—tough laborers rather than lavish fae-tarians.

I could laugh myself to sleep.

~*~

Sam snuck into my tent that night. She was wearing a white nightgown, one that to me seemed old-fashioned, but that just seemed to be the fashion on Medowlark.

"What are you doing?" I whispered.

"I jus' wanted ta be with ye," she answered, cuddling up next to me.

I laid there in silence, the two moons of Newartic blazing through the tent fabric. There had to be more than that. Sam wouldn't sneak into my tent in the middle of the night while everyone else was sleeping, but I was still awake because of my anxiety.

She grabbed my hand, setting it on her breast. I didn't quite know what to do, but they felt nice. They were squishy and soft, way fluffier than I assumed Ne'mallia's would be if she had ever allowed me to touch them.

"Sam," I whispered again.

"Shhh," she silenced me with a kiss.

She continued to kiss me, slipping her tongue into my mouth, much like Lexington had that one time. I reacted in much the same way as he did. Things had started to get hard for me. It was almost all I could think about. This was my first time. I was so grossly inadequate for this. I hadn't planned on doing this. I was scared. Sam guided my hand to her. I was so lost, so confused. I didn't know what I was doing. She used her fingers to guide me, to show me how. Soon, she was shaking, biting her lip to keep quiet. She clenched onto my shirt. She was gasping, and finally, she fell flat. I didn't know what to do. Did I break her? I kept going at her. She did it again, not quite as powerful this time. I enjoyed the way she sounded, getting all breathy like that. She was getting easier to slide around. Women were such confusing creatures. Not even in my fantasies did things like this happen.

"Silver," she kissed me again.

I decided to show her myself. I guided her to me.

"Oh my," she whispered, caressing me through my pants.

Never before had anyone but myself touched me. I began to understand that even she had no idea what she was doing. I undid my pants, lowering them on my legs just enough. I showed her how to touch me just right, which she obliged to do. I went back to feeling her, too, to be fair. She seemed to really enjoy it, tightening her grip when I did something good. I almost lost my head, this being my first time. I had to stop her when I felt myself getting too close physically.

"Do you want to...?" I kept my voice low.

"Aye," she nodded.

My heart started to throb. I was terrified now, but she consented. I consented. I let her lie down, pulling her nightgown up far enough that I could see her stomach. I tried, going for it. I was so nervous.

"Hey," she seethed. "Up."

"Oh, I'm sorry," I fixed it.

I fell in deep. She grabbed onto my pillow. Was I hurting her? This was so much more different. Warm, not really. It was hot. But it felt so good. Far better than I dreamed it would. I didn't think I could contain myself. I moved. That's what you're supposed to do. Sam gasped. I felt like I was being pressed against. It didn't take long for me to find release. She at least got one more in too. I felt awful afterward.

"Did you like it?" I asked.

"Aye," she answered, lying against my side. "Ye?"

"I did, too," I felt so tired. "Wait, what about-?"

"There are spells for that," she assured me. "Though, I don't know them."

I scrambled for my spellbook. It wasn't the most romantic end to everything, but I did command the spells I was supposed to. She remained in my tent that night, cuddled up to my side.