Lies and Deception

Arn opened the door. I stood still as his eyes settled upon me. The red flooded with delight.

"Lexington!"

He hugged me so tightly. I grabbed onto his vest and squeezed my feelings through my hands. I felt sick but happy. I think I was scared of what I could do.

He started to kiss me, my lips, my cheeks. My stomach turned.

"No, wait," I wrestled away from him.

"What's wrong?" He crossed his arms.

"I'm still unstable," I admitted.

"Sorry," he grinned, hiding it quickly. "I'm delighted to see you. I missed you so much."

"I missed you too," I sat down on his bed. "I have been watching your parents interact, I've watched Ezra and Argus, and I really wanted to see you again."

"Ezra and Argus?"

"Yeah, they've been brought back to life," I nodded.

"Like completely resurrected?"

"Flesh and blood," I confirmed.

"Since when?" Arn's cheer was burning down to the nub.

"A month or so now," I tried. "Not long after we were in the cavern together with Lala. I think it was a few moments after we left. That's why they were all gathered there..."

I didn't like the face he was making. Hellfire and rage etched his features. I felt my stomach flip.

"Arn," I stated.

"What plans did he have for bringing them back?" Arn walked over to his desk.

"Who?"

"My father."

"I'm training to use my powers. Thalia saw that I could heal Ezra. Your father brought them back so I could."

"So he's an experiment?" Arn flew around. "My best friend is just a project?"

"Hey," I threw my hands up. "I didn't plan any of this; it was given to me."

Arn grabbed my collar. "Take me back the way you came. Now."

"Do not touch me. I don't know what will happen," I tried to keep my breath even.

"Lexington!" He shouted.

"Let go!"

He released me. He took a few steps in the opposite direction, but I could tell he wasn't finished.

I moved my fingers like I had been taught, summoning my bow. That stopped Arn dead in his spot.

"I told you I wouldn't know what could happen," I said as calmly as possible. "You can take out your anger with your father but do not drag me into this. I didn't ask to be a god. I definitely didn't ask to fix a broken love story."

"What is that?" Arn seethed. 

He couldn't see it. The giant golden bow pointed straight at him. "It's my power," I flicked a brow up. "Now, can you come calmly with me or not?"

"Fine," he grumbled.

I opened the passage Domascus had sent me through.

"This is what my father uses to take lives," he touched the wall.

"Yes," I turned back. "He was the one who gave me permission to see you."

"I hate this," Arn muttered. "The more secrets I discover he's hiding, the more it hurts."