eighteen ▋the intuition

Start from the beginning

Mari cleared her throat, sitting up straight off the bed and leaned against the headboard to look as comfortable as possible. "Well... it's my intuition. My gut feeling so to say." She responded, trying her best to explain herself. "I just know that with every fiber of my being that he's innocent. That Choi Jongho was in no way, shape, or form involved in your ambush or the boss's wife's death."

San snorted at her words. Though it soon turned into a small chuckle, deeply frightening both Wooyoung and Mari. He definitely didn't buy what Mari had presented him. The boy grabbed her wrist and forced her down to his height on the bed, his sickly sweet smile still apparent on his face. The girl's skin crawled with goosebumps when the rough texture of the bandages made contact with her wrist. She could feel, what was now, dry blood that had harden underneath the bandages, a constant reminder of the unfortunate state San had returned in.

"We don't need intuition, Mari," San replied, his grip on her wrist getting even tighter the more he spoke. "I don't need a gut feeling, Mari. You don't even know him. You don't know how he acts, what he does, who he's really allied with. Don't try to protect people you don't even know about when they're the only lead we have on how the Kim Faction even knew where we were. You're on the side of the Seo Faction, Mari. Not his."

"Am I interrupting something?" The three turned their heads towards the door, only to be greeted by an extremely familiar face. Yeosang stood at the door, dressed in an unfamiliar red and black suit, almost if he was heading to somewhere in need of formal wear, His eyes darting between the three friends expectantly, seemingly not having a clue on what was going on in the room before he had walked in. Though his gaze finally landed on San, a small smirk on his face and he began to speak again. "Is that an emotion I see? Coming back to your senses are you?"

San's wrath attempted to die down at Yeosang's words. All anyone had ever seen from the boy for a few hands had been blissful ignorance after all. A fake smile slowly grew on his face once again as he waved to him. "Just a little."

Yeosang nodded before pointing towards Wooyoung and Mari. "You don't mind if I borrow the two of them, do you? I know they're your friends and visiting you to make sure you're okay, but I have something important to discuss. I would say you could come to... but the Underboss would kill me if I interrupted your resting anymore." He explained, opening the door a little wider for the pair to fit through. San only shrugged at his words and Mari and Wooyoung took the first moment they could to get out of the room. It was getting stuffy with awkward silence and tension between the three of them.

"Have a nice rest, Choi San. I do hope you feel better soon." Yeosang spoke as Mari and Wooyoung stepped as far back from the door as possible. Being in front of an angered San was like a near-death experience. Better yet, it felt like they were standing right in front of the devil himself. Mari was lucky that Yeosang had come in when he did. Who knows what her next set of words would have been, and how badly it would have altered the outcome of their survival. "I thought the three of you were close friends. Why did it feel like I had just walked to hell and back in there."

Wooyoung grabbed onto Mari's shoulder and shouted, "Mari is an idiot! An absolute dumbass! We had come back from trying to get into the room they were holding Choi Jongho and she was still upset about the whole ordeal and the audacity to yell about her place on the situation to San. San, who was literally almost murdered because of the incident!" He turned back to the girl and forced her to look him, practically turning beet red as he tried to get all his words out in one breath. "Did you really think he was going to be on your side when he was the one who survived the whole. It's called survivor's guilt for a reason Mari!"

"I get it! I get it!" Mari exclaimed, shoving his hands off of her. Yeosang raises a brow in amusement as the girl started rambling, "I shouldn't have been complaining about all that in front of him. I did something stupid without thinking, okay? It was already hard enough trying not to expose my relationship with my own dad and it's even harder trying to explain how much I know deep down that the kid they found isn't worth the damage they're doing to him."