A Load of Crap

Começar do início

Sweet Pea's p.o.v.

Look tough. That,s what  I was told to do, look tough. I stood in the doorway of the student lounge with my hand clasped around the switchblade stashed in my pocket. "Ah." Jughead stepped up to a nerd-ish looking boy. That isnt too surprising considering he plays G&G, but I really shoudnt be one to criticize. "Its Louie right?" The nerd looked annoyed, "Yeah, and?"

"Well, this is kind of a funny story. But a Jester gave my girlfriend an envelope at prom, so I asked around. Jester's name is Jerry, Jerry told me that he got the envelope from a druid named Luna, Luna said that she got the envelope from a centaur named Louie," Jughead pointed at the boy."True, or false?" The nerd glanced up to find me glaring back at him. He gulped at a ridiculously overdramatic pitch, "Yeah, I gave it to Luna."

"So, here's the million dollar question me, and my friend would like answered," Jughead nodded back to me causing the boy to once again look at me. "Who'd you get the envelope from?" The boy set down his book, giving me one last anxious gaze before replying, "Some kid gave it to me. He looked homeless."

"A kid?" I could feel my eyebrows pull together. What kind of psychotic kid would play G&G? "Was he around thirteen? Brown hair, brown eyes?" Ricky. In that case, its not that surprising anymore. Louie nodded, and Jughead sighed standing up. "Thank you, Louie." Jug grabbed an apple off of the desk before walking past me. "Works every time."

━━━━━━━━━━━

Back to AJ's p.o.v.

Honestly, I dont think I was very surprised when Veronica came knocking on my door late at night. I had a feeling she would be the one to come up with a plan before I could. "Veronica." I greeted with a warm smile. "Kira, I got a plan." And there you have it folks, proof that I am truly always right (despite what my brother tries to say.) "What is it, V?"

"Its like I told Archie, its gonna require that all of play our parts flawlessly. Archie's on phase one, but I want you to be there with me for phase two. If only, to experience the great victory of beating my father." I let out a laugh. "I wouldn't want it to happen any other way."

━━━━━━━━━

The Next Day

"Really daddy? A boxing match?!" Hiram looked annoyed, "Archie challenged me to this fight in the presence of business associates. I couldn't look week, girls." Veronica huffed, "Well, you're not gonna win this." "Says who?" Hiram questioned angrily. "Says AJ, and I,.. and all the odds makers."

"What? People are betting on this?" I shrugged plastering the best innocent expression onto my face. "We've already gotten calls. The underworld's abuzz asking if V's taking bets at La Bonne Nuit." Veronica nodded, "Obviously, I don't want any part of it-" "Whoa, you said no? Girls, you can make some money off of this." Veronica pulled a face, "Maybe," she turned to me. "I mean, I do still owe that debt to him. What do you think, partner?" I gave Hiram a questioning look before turning back to Veronica. "You do have to pay off the debt, V."

"So, its settled, we'll run all the betting through La Bonne Nuit. I'll reach out to some friends. Everyone's gonna want a piece of the action. Its a win-win. And, Veronica, make no mistake, I will win." Veronica turned to me with a smirk until my unnecessary opinion fell from my lips. "Honestly, I don't think I would be too surprised if he really did win." Veronica's eyebrows knit together at the statement. "What? He's fit for a man his age."