Morning Routine // Tom Holland

Your boyfriend was a picture of rare serenity. His face was expressionless and somehow still completely full of life and he wasn't moving fluidly around like fast-running water as per usual - he was just lying there in bed with the covers halfway down his body, arm still slung across the mattress where you lay before you got up to make him a smoothie (you weren't the best at making smoothies but you planned to get better by subjecting Tom to them). You were under the assumption he would've woken up by the time you were finished given the racket you were making in the kitchen, but still he lay so silent and so gorgeous. You almost didn't want to disturb him.

   "TOM!"

   Almost.

   He started, confused, and glanced around, shivering a little. And then he just lay back down and tried to go to sleep, replacing what should've been you with a pillow. You sighed, then straddled his hips and started shaking him by the shoulders.

    "Tom, wake the fuck up you have an interview here in less than an hour! Get the fuck up you-" 

   Before you could finish, his grabbed you by the waist and flung you back onto the bed beside him, lying on top of you and squeezing his arms around your waist. You giggled and tried to fight him off, but of course, he didn't let go.

   "Can we cancel it?"

   "No, it's for fucking VOGUE. I made you a smoothie! You have to get up and try it, quick, before it goes weird and lumpy like last time." 

   And so he did, instantly getting up and pulling you by the wrist with him. You walked faster than his pathetic, sleepy plod, dragging him into the kitchen. For once, the smoothie wasn't that weird - almond and strawberry. Far better than the beet and banana one, you were sure (that was a complete lapse of judgement and Tom had been a bitch with the bedsheets the night before).

   "How is it?"

   Tom gulped more, then set it down and pulled you into him by your pyjama top. "So good, darling."

   "You never call me darling. What's gotten into you?" You asked, smiling and wiping an eyelash from his cheek. He shrugged, smiling, then started planting lazy, open-mouthed kisses on your collarbone.

   "I know what you're playing at," You murmured absently while he started working his way up to your lips, "And," you pulled away, "It's not gonna work. This interview was so difficult to get, says Harrison."

   "I know," Tom said, kissing you softly and pulling away to finish off the smoothie, "But I can't be bothered."

   "If you can't be bothered then we can't keep this house and I gotta tell you, I do like this house. C'mon, get a shower, quickly."

   "Can't be bothered."

   "Then wash your face and brush your teeth. We have," you looked over Tom's shoulder at the clock, "Thirty five minutes. Get your ass in the bathroom."

   "Going." He mumbled, then started off again. You rolled your eyes fondly and put the glass Tom had used into the sink, vowing to wash the stuff in there before VOGUE came (or at least ask Tom to wash the stuff in there before VOGUE came). You wandered back to the bedroom and sat at the dressing table mirror, carefully checking it was clean. You weren't normally so meticulous - that was far more Tom's area than yours - but today you knew you couldn't get him to do very much. Tom came back through in his boxers, scratching his head. 

   "I put clothes in there for today-"

   "They were absolutely gross, Tom. I love you, but they were gross. Here," you leapt over the bed and threw a bundle of blue at him, "Try it."

   He stepped into it, buttoning it all the way up, then rolled up the sleeves and held his arms out to you for approval.

   "Hot as fuck." You said with a smile and a proud nod, then kissed him quickly, and the quickly turned to passionately, and then you were touching Tom's bare chest-

   And then the doorbell rang.

   "Fuck," you said, springing back and going out of the bedroom, "Tom, button it back up, quick, VOGUE can't-"

   "Baby," He said, catching your wrist and pulling you back, "Stop stressing, it's fine, we're fine. It's just another interview, okay?"

   "Okay."

   "I love you."

   "Yeah, whatever."

   Tom chuckled as the doorbell rang again. You went to go and open the door, but Tom caught you again.

   "Say it back."

   "No, you're being a-"

   "Please?"

   You rolled your eyes, then softened your gaze and smiled. "I love you too. Go, make yourself look pretty somewhere."

   The door was opened, and you smiled.

   "Hi, Mr Holland is ready when you are. Please, come in."

~~~~~

hey y'all

it was short but 

i'm sleepy

sorry

i don't know if i much like this but such is life 

i felt like a real fanfic writer writing this kinda thing though ngl

anyway i should go to bed it's like midnight where i am i'm so tired

all love

viv x