Here today

I still remember how it was before
And I am holding back the tears no more
Ooo ooo ooo, I love you, ooo
What about the time we met?
Well, I suppose that you could say
That we were playing hard to get
Didn't understand a thing
But we could always sing
What about the night we cried?
Because there wasn't any reason
Left to keep it all inside
Never understood a word
But you were always there with a smile
And if I say I really loved you
And was glad you came along
And you were here today
Ooo ooo ooo, for you were in my song
Ooo ooo ooo, here today

Same day (Dec 13)

Present time

We all sat In the living room. And by we I mean, Paul, George, Olivia, Ringo And I.

We sat in silence, the only noise was from Martha who was huffing at Pauls feet.

"Can I turn the Telly on?" Asked Ringo reaching for the remote.

"Go for it mate." Said Paul.

He turned it on and the first thing that came on was the news. 'John Lennon dead' the news reporter was talking about how it all happened. We all looked up at the screen.

"Turn it off." Said George.

Ringo didn't hear him, instead he payed attention on to what happened that night.

"I said turn it off!" Said George who angrily stood up and snatched the remote out of Ringos hand. He pressed the button and turned off the tv. He sank back down onto the couch with his arms crossed.

"I need a drink." Sighed Paul. He got up and walked into the kitchen. "Anyone want one?" He called from the other room.

"No!" Everyone shouted.

He came back in with a glass in hand. Sat down next to me taking a swing of his drink.
"Yknow, we can all sit here and mope around or we can remember all the good times we had."

He was right.

It was painfully silence for a few more minutes before someone spoke up.

"It felt like just yesterday I played my first gig with you guys." Said Ringo. Everyone smiled.

"The crowd absolutely hated you!" Laughed George.

"They learned to love me though." Ringo laughed.

"Remember when John said that one thing that made everyone go bonkers?" Asked George.

"Ooh yes! The- What was it... oh right the 'more popular than Jesus' line!" Laughed Paul. "we got alot of shit for that." He chuckled.

"Some funny times would be when John would tell the girls to shut up and they'd just get noiser, couldn't even bloody hear ourselves!" Exclaimed George.

"I know, they'd go ballistic everytime we'd talk!" Said ringo.

"Try every time we'd breathe!" Paul corrected.

The boys laughed hysterically.

I gave Olivia the 'we should go outside and let them sit together' look, she gave me a nod and smiled. We both stood up.
"Where ye going?" Asked Paul.

"Oh we're just going to go for some fresh air."

"Well alright then."

Olivia and I walked into the back yard.

"I just thought we could leave them alone so they talk some more."

"Yea I know what you mean." She said. "You should've seen George when he found out, he didn't want to believe it he felt like it was all a big lie. It took him a while before it actually really sunk in."

"Yea I understand, when yoko called I couldn't believe it at all I mean he was in New York, another country it felt like he could still be out there somehow." I sighed.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know him very well but I know you were one of his best friends."

"He was like my other brother." I smiled at the thought of John.

"So, hows everything else besides this going?"

"Well alright." My throat felt dry all of the sudden.

"You sound uneasy, is something else going on?"

"Um, no I'm fine."

"Cmon Sophie."

I sighed. "Well I went to do the doctors about two months ago."

"And....?"

"well I'm sick and I- um i found out I have cancer." My eyes started to water.

"Oh Sophie! I'm so sorry!" She pulled me in for a hug. "I shouldn't have asked you!"

"It's alright Olivia."

"Who else knows?"

"Just you and Paul. I'm just stalling in telling everyone else. I'm really nervous you see..."

"Sophie it will be alright we are all here to support you no matter what."

"Thanks liv, that means a lot." I smiled.

Maybe it was time to tell other people, I mean they'll find out sooner or later. But not right now, not with the whole John thing.

We decided to go back inside with the boys. Now they were all laughing among themselves reminding each other how funny, incredible, witty, intelligent person He was. I sat next to Paul and looked at him, he gave me a warm smile which I returned. He put his arms around me, everything felt as it was getting better  No one in the room felt sad for this moment, it just felt peaceful. It even felt as if he was here with us, here today.

A/N: Happy birthday john❤️