Youve got to hide your love away

How can I even try?
I can never win
Hearing them, seeing them
In the state I'm in
How could s(he) say to me
"Love will find a way?"

At dinner I was quite I sat as far away from Paul as I possibly could. I had barely eaten I spent dinner thinking about Paul. Was I not pretty enough? Was I to annoying? Why does he like her instead of me? When did he start hanging out with Julie?

That's when I remembered all the times recently where he said he couldn't hang out because he was meeting someone and I knew it wasn't the boys. It was probably her. Of course it was.
***
After dinner we were saying our goodbyes to the McCartneys. I said bye to mike and Jim whereas paul, I couldn't even look at him. I was the last of my family to leave when I felt someone grab my wrist.

"Hey Sophie What's wrong? you didn't even say bye to me." Asked Paul

"Let go I don't want to talk to you right now." I said shaking off his hand.

"What why? Did I do something wrong?" He asked worriedly.

"It's nothing!"

"Is this about earlier, is it cause I just talked about Julie the whole time I didn't even ask about you?"
Hes actually so clueless.

"Uh Yea sure that's why."

"Well is this about a guy wait do you like someone?!"

"Yea I think I love him."  I said rolling my eyes and crossing my arms trying to hide the fact that I actually meant what I said.

"Really Who is it?!"
You, you arse!

"Um no one don't worry about it."

"Don't worry, love will find a way."
Are you kidding me how could he say that! It's you asshat!

"Bye Paul."

With that I left and ran across the lawn  to my house. Once I got to my room I started crying I really liked Paul and I was just mad at myself for thinking he could ever like me.
Eventually I drifted off to sleep still in my dress, thinking about him.
***
In the morning I got ready as fast as I could but still made sure I looked good y'know. I ate breakfast and brushed my teeth quickly. I raced out the door to avoid Paul coming to pick me up like he usually does.

Pauls pov:

After I ate I walked over to Sophies house to pick her up, But her mom told me she had already left which I thought was weird so that morning I just walked to school by myself. When I got there I saw Sophie talking to John so I walked over.

"Morning guys!" I said standing next to John.

"Morning macca." Said John.

"I'll see ya at lunch John bye." Said Sophie Who then walked away.

I just shook off the fact that she completely ignored me and went to class.
I spent third period trying to get Sophia's attention but she just ignored me and talked to Jake Wilkins the whole time.

After third period I went to Julie's locker to ask her out of course she said yes I mean who wouldn't it's me!

We walked to lunch together and sat at my usual table which was John,Sophie,George Harrison, two of Sophies friends Alice and Laurie and me, and now Julie. As I sat down I saw Sophie laughing at something George had said, I have to admit Sophie is really really pretty but that didn't matter I had Julie now.

Sophie glanced up at me as Julie and I sat down and her smile quickly faded.

"Oi macca who's the bird?" Asked John.

"Oh guys this 'ere is Julie my girl." I smiled putting my arm around her.

"Um I'm gonna go sit somewhere else." Said Sophie as she stood in grabbing her lunch bag.

"What why?" Asked geo.

"Well I remembered Jake asked me to sit with him today at lunch."

"Y'know he fancies ya." Said John taking a bite out of his sandwich.

"What no he doesn't!" She blushed. "I'm leaving bye."

Something turned inside of me. Was it jealousy? But it's not like I liked her in that way. But I also didn't like the thought of MY Sophie with another guy. Well not my Sophie Per se but you get the idea.

About 10 minutes later I looked around the cafeteria to find Sophie sitting next to Jake and his friends. She was laughing at something he had said I couldn't help to feel a little angry.
No Paul stop thinking about her and Jake. She can date anyone she wants why do you care you have Julie. But Julie isn't Sophie. Doesn't matter stop thinking about Sophia!
                                      ***
The rest of the day went by fast since I was only thinking about Sophie. After school I found her at her locker talking to Jake. Great. I just left to meet John outside so we could start walking to his house since we were rehearsing today.

"Whatcha thinkin bout macca? You've been quite." Asked John as we walked down the streets of Liverpool.

"Just thinking bout sophie is all." I shrugged.

"Y'know she fancies ya." He elbowed me.

"No she doesn't! she's my bestfriend!"

"You're Really blind macca." He laughed. "She adores you and didn't you noticed how sad she got when you brought Julie over?"

"Yea I guess that makes sense why she was mad after I told her I liked Julie last night."

"I just don't get how you didn't put the pieces together sooner it was sort of obvious I mean you've known each other for a while, always hanging out sleepover at each others houses. What did ya except?"
When did he have time to think of all of this?
"Paul do you like Sophie?"

"What? No! Like I Said she's my bestfriend I could never!"

"Paul I noticed ya looking around for her during lunch."
How the hell does he know everything?

"Well that doesn't mean anything."

"Well ya don't know what you lost until it's gone. I know you like her even if it's just a little."
Wise bastard.

"Doesn't matter now John I'm with Julie."

"So you do like her!"

"Well maybe I don't know, I think I got sort of jealous when she went with Jake." I shrugged.

"Paul McCharmly can feel jealousy?! God forbid it he has feelings!"

"Shut it lennon." I just rolled my eyes. "Julie is a nice girl."

"Julie isn't as pretty, nice or smart as Sophia is."

"Bugger off! Besides soph is probably gonna go out with Jake or something they've been together all day!"

"It's not to late you can tell her how you feel."

"I rather not." I sighed.

A/N: Um so yea that's the tea what do you think so far?! Also I went to a Khalid concert and it was so cool!