I just dont understand

Well you say that you need me
Like an ocean needs sand
But the way you deceive me
I just don't understand
Well you know that I love you
More than anyone can
But a one-sided love
I just don't understand

"Hey George."
There was an awkward silence.
"Um so what are ya doing 'ere?" George Asked.
"Well I wanted to see if you wanted to go get a drink or something and you weren't answering the phone so I just came over and then I let myself in because your door was unlocked."
"Oh ha um well now isn't a very good time."
"Yea I could Uh see that." Then Sophie came up behind George dressed in the same clothes from earlier.
"Uh hi paul."
"Hello." He just stood there awkwardly. "Actually Sophie can I talk to you for a Moment outside?" Sophie looked up at George and back to Paul. "Uh Yea sure." She followed paul down the stairs and onto the front steps outside. She closed the door and crossed her arms immediately starting to shiver from the coldness.
"Oh here." Paul took of his coat and wrapped it around Sophie's small figure. She smiled at him making sure his coat covered her entirely.

"So what did you want to talk to me about?" She asked.

"Well earlier, I wanted to apologize."

"It's fine paul."

"It's seems like it's always fine with you."

"It is."

"Come on soph, don't lie I know you."

"Well what do you want me to say paul?"

"I don't know."

"Well maybe if you don't know you should leave then." She took his coat off and handed it to him, he took it with a sad expression. He started walking down the steps when he turned around to look back at her.
"I do have one question."

"What is it?"

"Do you still love me?" Sophie's insides turned at the thought of the question. She gulped not answering, looking down. "Sophie answer me." He got closer to her pulling her chin up.

"No."

"Look at me in my eyes and tell me that."
She looked at him in his soft eyes but no words came out. "Tell me that you don't feel anything when Im this close to you." He whispered studying her face. He pulled her My her waist. "Tell me you don't feel anything when I do this." Paul suddenly connected his lips with hers. It was as if a wave of electricity ran through them. Sophie didn't pull away instead she sank into the kiss, it felt just like the first time he kissed her all those years ago. She realized those feelings hadn't changed but she knew it was wrong. She pushed him away from her.
"No paul this is wrong."

"Then why does it feel perfectly right?"

"Oh come on Paul what about George?"

"Are you seriously worried about George?"

"He's my boyfriend."

"Yea and he cheated on you! Don't act like you didn't know I called John earlier and he told me everything." She didn't say anything.
"Why don't you just leave him?"

"Paul I can't."

"Why huh?! Are you trying to get some revenge or something What is your plan here?! You know you're supposed to be with me we are supposed to be together Sophie. You know that!"

"Paul you have a girlfriend."

"And I can easily break up with her! Please Sophie." At this point he had a tears running down his face she knew he truly meant it. "I can't keep pretending to be just your friend, it drives me crazy every time I see you and George kiss it's drives me crazy when he holds your hand." He got close to her again. "It drove me crazy to see you in bed with him."

"Please paul just leave."

"I just don't understand Sophie, you kiss me  like you love me, I know you still love me but you act like you don't I don't get it what are you trying to do here?! Why can't you let yourself be happy? Happy with me."

She too had tears running down her face.

"Please paul." She said looking down with her arms crossed. "Go."

He scoffed, "I just don't understand you Sophie."

He turned away and left to his car not looking back. It broke her heart seeing him like that especially over her. She walked into the kitchen to find George cooking something on the stove.
"Hey what did you talk about?" He asked not looking at her.
"Oh nothing." She said trying to hide the break in her voice.
"Well I'm making fish." He turned around to look at her. His expression immediately changed as he walked over to her. He still cared for her just like he'd always done. "Hey what's wrong?" He pulled her into a warm hug.
"Nothing it's just."
"Just what? Did Paul day something to you?"
"No just forget it please."
"Come you can tell me."
"George please!" She Said in a frustrated tone.
"Alright alright."
The two carried on with their night, Eating and talking. They went to sleep earlier then they usually would since they had a busy day tomorrow with filming starting. This also meant Sophie had to see Paul constantly which was something she didn't want to do. It was going to be a few dreadful months.

A/N: some new but known characters coming soon;)