And I guess thats why they call it the blues

I woke up breathing heavily. What a nightmare! Thank god it was all a dream.

"Paul you won't believe the dream I had!"

***
And I guess that's why they call it the blues
Time on my hands could be time spent with you
Laughing like children, living like lovers
Rolling like thunder under the covers
And I guess that's why they call it the blues
Just stare into space
Picture my face in your hands
Live for each second without hesitation
And never forget I'm your man
***

I turned over to find myself facing no one. This wasn't even my bed. I was in the Lennons guest bedroom. That's when I realized none of it was a dream.

It was reality.

I sighed deeply and got up. I walked into the kitchen to find cyn cooking up breakfast and John reading the paper.

"Morning Sophie!" Cyn Said cheerily.

"Hi cyn."

"Hey Jonesy how ya doin'?" Asked John looking up at me.

"Well I've definitely been better." I Replied cracking a fake smile.

"I'm sorry soph. I'll talk to him."

"Thank you John."

***

I spent the rest of the day doing nothing, John went to the studio and cyn went out to the grocery store so I was currently at theirs alone. Honestly, it felt like I was invading their space even though they said I'm more than welcome to stay as long as I need, I'm pretty sure they're just being nice though.

I could always get a hotel in the meantime. I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to do but one thing I knew had to happen was talk to Paul. I didn't know if I was going to forgive him. But he's my husband. But he cheated on me. But he did something he said he wouldn't do with the girl he told me not to worry about. I shook of the thoughts I wasn't sure I guess I had to wait until I actually saw him.

Ring ring

I walked over to the phone and picked it up.

"Thank god someone answered I've been ringing all morning! It's Paul by the way I'm calling to ask about Sophie. Is she there?!"

"Uh-" I couldn't get any words out so I hung up. Crap.

What was I suppose to do surely he would come over now he'd be suspicious!

The phone rang again except this time I didn't answer I let it ring out. I needed a walk. I grabbed my coat and went out. It was a cloudy day out quite cold, I could tell it had recently stopped raining. The smell of rain and concrete mixed together and birds coming around to collect their worms. I sighed and walked down the road. No one was outside, occasionally a few cars would pass by.

Then I ran into someone.

"Sorry Ma'am."
Oh god no I recognized that voice.

"Oh uh yea. It's alright."
He looked up from the ground to see my face. His eyes widened in shock he swallowed.
"S-sophie."

" 'scuse me George I should keep walking."

I quickly walked past him before he grabbed my wrist.

"S-sophie Wait."

"George what do you want?"

"I'm sorry Sophie."

"Yea me too." I shook off his grasp and continued walking.