I'll be back

Cause I told you once before, "goodbye"
But I came back again

December 1, 1960
It had been almost two months since paul and I broke up, George had come back so I spent all of my time with him. Apparently he got deported for being underage. He was very sweet and caring, not to mention a funny idiot. I was with him in my room when John called.
"Hey Sophie is geo with ya?"
"Hi John yes he's right here how'd you know?"
"I called his house but his mum said you were with 'im."
"Oh well ya do you want to talk to him?"
"Uh yes please."
I passed the phone over to George, they were talking for a minute or two when George put the phone down.
"What did he say?" I asked.
"Pete and Paul are coming back today."
I felt my heart sink. I wasn't ready to see him again.
"W-Why?"
"They lit a condom in their room and got arrested." He chuckled.
I didn't say anything. "Hey I get it, if you don't want to see him."
"No it's fine I can't not ever see him again right?" I chuckled. "Let's go to a movie ya?"
"Uh sure lets go."

***

George and I watched G.I blues. It was fun being with him for some reason I sensed there was something else going on or maybe it was just me. After the movie he and I went to eat ice cream and took a walk in the park. By this time it was about 4 in the afternoon.
I sat on the bench and George joined me.
"Sophie do you still like Paul?"
"Of course I do I miss him so much I love him but he doesn't feel the same I guess he did get bored with me or maybe he didn't love me enough."
He put his arm around me, "Y'know he would talk about you."
"Before or after he cheated?"
"Cmon now soph. He does love you."
"If he did he wouldn't have done this to me I mean I should've known."
"I'm sorry."
"It's not your fault."
"I should've told you."
"Doesn't matter now it's in the past geo, can you walk me back home?"
"Yes of course."
He put his arm around me and held me close as he walked me home. The way there we talked about small stuff. I told him how i wanted to be a model even though It probably wouldn't happen whereas he told me to go for it if that's what I really wanted. When we turned the corner of my street and walked down the sidewalk I saw someone I wasn't prepared to see. I spaced out from What George was saying. "Sophie are you alright?"
He followed my eyes and looked ahead. "Oh listen we can turn around."
"Um no it's fine geo."
He took his arm off from around my shoulder and grabbed my hand and held it tightly.
That's when my eyes met his and I felt my heart start beating faster. We were passing his front lawn where he was standing with his suitcase. He dropped it immediately and ran over to us.
"Sophie!" I quickly started walking faster pulling George with me when he placed his hand on my shoulder and turned me around.
"Hey Sophie." I didn't say anything I just stood there staring into his eyes and my first instinct came over me.
Slap
I had slapped him across the face and turned around to run home.
"Sophie!" The voice didn't belong to paul but to George. I ran inside and locked the door.
"Sophie?!" Said my mom coming in from the kitchen. I ignored her and ran upstairs to my room. I jumped on my bed and started crying. Something I've done a lot since that day.

Pauls pov:
Slap
She slapped me! Why on earth would she do that I thought she would be happy to see me. But then I remembered what I didn't to her. I did feel bad for everything i did. Of course I still loved her she's the most amazing girl. I figured if I told her that I slept with someone else she wouldn't forgive me and she would break up with me so I did it first. I guess I let my man pride get the best of me.

"Hello earth to Paul?"
"Oh hey Geo." I rubbed my cheek at the place she slapped me.
"You shouldn't have done that y'know, come up to her like nothing happened."
"I know I know."
"Paul I know I already told you this but you messed up real bad and since I got here she hasn't been herself she's constantly sad and cries over you she worshipped you and you dumped her and cheated on her. She's amazing I mean I- um any guy would be lucky to have 'er."
"I KNOW GEORGE. I feel horrible about it, I just want my girl back."
He shook his head and patted my shoulder. He started walking home I'm assuming. I thought to myself for a few seconds. I needed to get her back. I was going to go get her. I walked to her house and knocked on the door. Her mom answered.
"Oh hello Paul, I didn't know you were back."
"Hello Sarah, I um I messed up badly." I felt the tears start forming in my eyes.
"Yes I know sophie told me everything, well she showed me the letter."
"I regret that so much I love Sophie I really do but I let my pride get the best of me I couldn't handle it if she was the one that broke up with me."
"You should tell that to her."
"I know."
"She doesn't want to talk to you paul. I'm sorry you should go home."
"Yes I understand, but I'll be back."

A/N: it feels weird writing a authors note at the end because I never have anything to say! :)