Two of us

You and I have memories
longer than the road that
stretches out ahead

In the morning I woke up to hear two people talking downstairs. I quietly changed into my now dry clothes from yesterday and walked to the top of the stairs. I stopped and crouched down a little to see if I was able to see who george was talking to. 

I could only make out a persons back but then they turned around throwing their hands in the air. It was Paul.

"So you're telling me nothing happened between you and soph?"

"Nothing paul I swear!"

"Then why were you two in your bed? Together! Cuddling! She was in your shirt for God's sake and her clothes were on the fucking chair!"

"Paul I promise nothing happened! She came last night because she needed advice on you!"

"Me?!"

"Yes!" George sighed and sat down on the chair. "I reassured Her that you do love her."

"Are you positive George?"

"I swear macca."

I decided to make my entrance and walked down the stairs casually as if I hadn't heard the conversation. They both turned simultaneously to look at me. It felt awkward having both of their eyes follow me as I walked down. Why is there so many fucking steps? When I finally reached the bottom Paul ran over and hugged me tightly I was to shocked at the moment to hug back and sort of started to lack oxygen. I pulled him away and he looked at me a little confused.

"Sorry I just couldn't breathe." I Said nervously tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Oh." He rubbed the back of his neck and blushed.

"Well I'll leave you two alone I'm just gonna be out in um my garden um gardening." Said George before going out the Back door awkwardly.

Paul and I just stood there awkwardly looking at the ground. After what seemed like forever he finally spoke.

"Did you get my letter?"

"Mhm." I responded fidgeting With my fingers.

"Oh um what did you think?" He asked clearing his throat a little.

"I liked it."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Do you want to sit?"

"Sure."
We walked to sit on the couch. Silence fell upon the room again.

"Paul?"

"Yes?"

"Uh you're sort of sitting on my bag."

"Oh shit sorry." He got up and handed me my bag.

"Sophia?"

"Yes Paul?"

"I want to fix our relationship."

"Oh yea um me too."

"I mean fix it and not just settle with being friends."

"Mhm."

"Like I want you to be my girlfriend again."

"Yea?"

"Dammit Sophia WILL YOU BE MY GIRL AGAIN PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE?!"

"Paul I don't know. I don't want to keep fighting with you over my career I mean you need to understand that I love modeling."

"And what about me? Don't you love me?"

"Of course I do paul."

"Good because I love you too and I'm sorry I realized that I am controlling so I'm sorry I promise I will try my best not to be like that. It just hurts being away from you."

"I know paul but that's the way it is and we'll just have to deal with it."

"Alright fine so you'll be my girlfriend again?"

"wow so impatient." I chuckled a little. " but I don't know I mean-"

"Please sophie I love you and just think of all the memories we have together! since we were 8!"

"Ya most of them as friends!"

"But that's the thing sophie! I can't be just your friend anymore those memories would just go to waste because frankly I can't see myself ever being just friends with you!"

Tears started to sting at my eyes but I wasn't going to let myself cry. Paul has a point why was I acting like I didn't miss him?!

"I- I know me either."

"Well then?!"

"I miss you." I Said this time a tear escaped my eye. He noticed this and immediately pulled me in for a hug.

"Awe soph. I miss you too please don't cry love I hate seeing you cry." He said in a soft voice.

"I'll be your girlfriend paul."
He pulled away from me and stared into my eyes.

"Are you serious?" I simply nodded.

"Oh soph!" He hugged me again.
After a minute or so I pulled away from him and started into his hazel eyes. I loved those eyes so much. He caressed my cheek, his face getting closer to mine by the second until finally the moment I had been waiting for happened. His soft lips touched mine it may have not been the first time we kissed but it felt electrifying. He pulled away shortly after.
"I love you Sophia."
"And I love you James." I smiled at him before he kissed me again. This time more passionately and longer.

"Alright you two please go before you start shagging on me couch!" Said George coming inside.

Paul and I looked at him  and then back to each other. We started giggling before we got up hand in hand. As we were making our way to the door I stopped walking and let go of Pauls hand. I ran over to George and have him a quick hug and kiss on the cheek. "Thank you george." I smiled at him before rejoining Paul. I had a good feeling about this.

A/N: btw my lizards name are ringo and jade.

Backstory on the name ringo: I've always wanted a dog named ringo since I was little (this was before I knew the Beatles) then when I heard about the Beatles and learned one of them was nicknamed Ringo I was like now I Definitely have to name my dog ringo. But the thing is I can't have another dog so I was like I'll just name the lizard ringo.

Backstory on the name jade:
I originally wanted to name her Jane because I absolutely love the name Jane but my sister said no because technically she's her lizard so she wanted to name her jade for some reason but I secretly call her Jane. I mean the lizards do live in my house.