The 80s man

November 5, 1980

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear John and Mary. Happy birthday to you!"

We all sang the twins their happy birthday as we watched them blow out the candles. Today they were 14 years old. I still remember the moment Paul and I found out we were having twins. It came as a big shock but now we wouldn't have wanted it any different. We also had two more children.
So we wound up with two boys and two girls.

John Harrison McCartney, 14
Mary Anne McCartney, 14
James Richard McCartney, 12
And
Sarah May McCartney, 10

We finally had the family we've always wanted.
People always ask Paul, "how come you named your sons after your (ex) band mates?"

And each time he answers with, "What better way to name my kids then by my family."

A lot has happened since last time obviously. I took a break from modeling to spend time with the kids. Paul and I are doing great, we did go through some bumps. When the Beatles broke up Paul shut himself out just like I done years previously. He took it hard, he loved those boys they were his home too. But, I reminded him about his family and how much we love him.

Things started getting better from that point.

So right now we were celebrating our firstborns. Present were, my parents, Pauls dad, Angela, Ruth, our siblings. Laurie and her husband mark whom she Married in '66, their two kids, George and his new wife Olivia who I like very much, she's real kind.

Ringo wasn't able to make it sadly, but the person who I never heard from was John. It's been months since I've talked to him. I missed him so much he was like my brother. Lately I've been missing his snarky comments and witty jokes he didn't even pick up the phone on his birthday. For some reason I had this feeling, something Was going to happen and I wasn't sure what.

The kids cut the cake and handed out pieces. Everyone was chatting among themselves. Paul and I were currently sitting outside with Laurie, mark, George and Olivia.

We chatted for a few minutes before George cut in.

"Well we should get going. Thanks for the invite we had a great time." He smiled.

"No problem geo." I said.

"See ya later mate." Paul and I stood up to give Olivia and him a hug.

"Bye liv." I said.

"Bye Sophie I had a great time."

They both walked off into the house. I was glad geo was happy he even had a little boy named Dahni who was the cutest thing ever.

"We should be off too." Announced Laurie.

"Well if you must." I sighed sarcastically laughing at the end. She laughed too and gave me a hug.

"I'll see you soon." She said

"Mhm I'll ring you up so we can go shopping."

"And buy a whole new wardrobe?" Said Paul.

"Not a chance." Said mark putting his arm around Laurie. "You have too many clothes." He said to her.

"You too." Paul said to me.

"Whatever!" I scoffed.