I shouldve known better

So oh, I should realized a lot of things before
If this is love you've got to give me more
Give me more, hey hey hey, give me more

7 years later

For the past 7 years paul and I had grown closer. He was my absolute best friend and I might have developed a crush on him but I couldn't tell him that! We were at each others houses practically all the time but lately it not as much. Paul was going through a tough time since his mom had died last year and he recently joined a band called the quarrymen.

It was now November 4th, 1957. I was finishing eating my breakfast when I heard a knock on the door. My sister had gone to open it, also I had learned my sister had a crush on Paul too so that could only go so well.

"Sophie! Paul's here!"

"Just a minute!"

I quickly put my dish in the sink and ran upstairs to brush my teeth. When I went back downstairs I found paul leaning on the door frame talking to my sister and obviously she was laughing at everything he said.

"Ok that's enough let's go." I said pushing past them both. My sister walked with Paul and I to school, Simon had already left and mike was at home sick so it was just us three. Sally walking on Paul's left and me on his right.

While we walked paul put his arm around me and out of the corner of my eye I could see my sister glaring at me. What can I say sucks to suck.

We arrived to school everyone saying hello to Paul and I. My sister was a little irrelevant so she went of with her little grade 8 friends.

everyone in school knew Paul and I, Well they knew me because of Paul he was known as a ladies man. All the girls swoon over him so I felt lucky being as close to him as I was. He and I only had two classes together so he went off with his teddy boy friend group and I went off with mine.
                                   ***

The whole day went by fast it was mainly just boring stuff I didn't care about. As usual Paul and I walked home. Sally  had left with Simon which I'm sure she wasn't to happy about.

"Oi macca wait up!"
We both turned around to see Paul's bandmate John  running towards us. John was actually funny and had become like my brother the last few months he wasn't as intimidating as he seemed.

"Hey John." Said Paul.

"Hey mate hey Sophie."

"Hi john." I smiled.

The whole time we spent walking it was mainly just Paul and John talking about the band until he finally went a separate way to get to his aunt Mimi's.

"You've been sorta quiet y'know. It's like you're not listening." Said Paul.

"Huh?"

"See what I mean?" He chuckled.

"Sorry." I blushed. "I just spaced out I guess."

He put his arm around my waist and pulled me close. God I loved it when he did that.
"Let's go to my house Yea?"

"Mhm sure."

When we arrived at Paul's we went inside to find our dads and Simon sitting on the couch talking while sally was in the kitchen helping my mom with dinner.

"Hi honey how was school?" Asked my mom as we walked into the kitchen.

"Pretty good." I smiled.

"And how about your day paul?" Suddenly sally looked up from what she was doing giving her complete attention to Paul.

"It was rather nice." Answered Paul. He noticed sally staring at him and winked at her and started blushing like mad, I just mentally laughed.