Assitance Transferred

Start from the beginning

Archie stopped, wrapping the jump rope around his neck. "That's the thing, my mom didn't sign that waiver. I did. I forged her signature. She doesn't want me to fight in this tournament, so much so that she brought his recruiter all the way from Annapolis. So..."

"So you've gotta give her a good show.I get it." Veronica finished for him. I let out a sigh, "And, I'll make sure you get back here in time."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Friday came faster than planned, but Archie did it. He lost the weight, and promised he was ready to fight. I used my dad's old truck to drive him, Veronica, and I to the Regional Classic. Archie almost had him, but in the last minute, he ended up taking the fall.

Him, Veronica, and I walked back to the truck. I offered to hold Archie's bag since he looked tired, but he said it was okay. Veronica wanted to drive, so I sat in the back. It was quiet for a moment. Just a moment.

"It was a great fight, Archie." Veronica reassured, "You almost had him."

"One more round, and I would've." I took this time to think about the long time I spent away from Sweet Pea. He had been doing everything he could to spend time with Fangs because he knew once his best friend joined the farm, they wouldn't be aloud to talk. I thought it was ridiculous. What kind of person just doesn't let someone talk to their best friend?

"I won't lose two fights in the same day." Veronica scoffed, "What that exhibition fight with Fangs? No, Archie." Not that long. I didn't have to wait for that long until I got to see him. Sweet Pea.

"You are punch-drunk if you think I'm gonna let you fight another match. You look like you were hit by a truck. Archie, you hobbled out of that ring, dead on your feet."

"I'm fine, Veronica. I told my mom I'd be there. I don't want to disappoint here." I sighed leaning forward in between the seats. "Let me talk to her. I'll get her, and the recruiter to reschedule." While Archie knew I could convince his mom to do about anything because she adored me, he mentioned thing. "You can't, she's leaving."

"Then we'll get her to come back!" Veronica retorted. I nodded, "My persistence is stronger than your uppercut." This time, it was Veronica's turn to nod, "We'll go first, and smooth out any ruffled feathers." Archie looked out the window, and I smiled.

"Have some gum, it makes everything better." I handed him a piece of spearmint take five gum, and he thanked me quietly in reply.

━━━━━━━━━━━

Veronica, and I headed into the El Royale together. "Girls, where's Archie?" Fangs threw his hands in the air, "Yeah, I'm going cold in here!" Sweet Pea pulled me into a bear hug that made me smile. "I missed you."

"Me too. I mean, I missed you too." Sweet Pea laughed, and I stepped back up to Veronica's side. "Ms. Andrews, Counselor Rivers I presume." The woman nodded with a small smile.

"We're sorry to have kept you waiting, but Archie is not gonna be able to make it." "What? Why not?" Ms. Andrews questioned worriedly. Veronica turned to me, and I quickly lied. "He's feeling under the weather."

"Since when? He was fine this morning." I gulped inaudibly, "We think it was food poisoning." Veronica replied for me. "I'd love to reschedule." Right on time, (stupid) Archie ran into the gym. "I can fight! I fight. I can still do this."

I rolled my eyes, "Are you out your mind?" Sweet Pea grabbed my hand clearly able to tell I was a bit angry. 'Bit'. "I'm fine." Archie turned to the counselor, "I'd like to show you what I got ma'am. Fangs, you ready." Said boy, shrugged. "Yeah. Let's do it."

Archie stepped up to the ring. His foot got stuck on the string, and he fell to the ground. "Archie!" I ran into the ring after them to check to see if he was okay, but he was out. "He passed out." Ms. Andrews turned to Veronica. "Food poisoning?"

━━━━━━━━━━

NEXT DAY

My hand looped into Sweet Pea's. "Well, you look lovely." I let out a laugh at Sweet Pea's attempt of doing a fancy accent.

" I let out a laugh at Sweet Pea's attempt of doing a fancy accent

"Why thank you, sir. You like quite ravishing yourself." We stepped into the gym. "I don't supposed you're much of dancer." Sweet Pea pulled way from my arm, and grabbed my hand. "Oh, you wish."

We danced for awhile. It was kind of great. "I don't like us spending time apart." I nodded my head leant onto Sweet Pea's chest. "It almost seems unnatural."

"Well, from now on, you can expect that everything we do, will be together." I pulled away from Sweet Pea's chest to look him in the eye. "What about Fangs."

"We've come to an understanding." Before I could answer, a teacher (who's name I couldn't remember for the life of me) stepped on stage. "Good evening renaissance revelers. At long last, it's time to announce this year's court. And the winner of prom queen... is Betty Cooper!" I clapped dramatically loud, excited that my sister from another made prom queen.

She never went on stage. "Is Betty here?" The teacher said, asking the question we were all thinking. Jughead stepped up to us, "Hey, have either of you seen Betty?" I shook my head curiously. "Follow me." I nodded following Jughead out of the gym. Something's wrong.

━━━━━━━━━━━

After searching the halls of our school for a while, we found a Betty who had locked herself in the janitor's closet. Jughead knocked on the door. "Betty? It's Jug."

When Betty opened the door, she was sobbing. She leapt into Jughead's arms clearly needing a hug. "Did you see him? Did you see him?"

"Who? The Gargoyle King?" Betty shook her head. "No. The Black Hood. The Black Hood is back, guys."

━━━━━━━━━━

My dad took Betty in for questioning, and Sweet Pea took me home. I plopped down on the couch after making sure JB had already gone to bed. Sweet Pea stayed standing through. "Come sit with me." Silence.

"What's wrong?" Sweet Pea let out a huff. "I'm worried about you, Princess. Last time, you were able to make it out alright, but he's back now. The freaking Black Hood is back!"