Issue #55: Knock Knock

"Me am not supposed to let Ghost Man out bed."

"I know, I know, I just gotta check on her. She saved my life."

"Bizarro am one who saved your life."

"She saved my life long enough for you to save my life. Also are you gonna refer to yourself in the first or third person? Pick one." I said standing outside of Cass's room standing next to Bizarro. The rest of the team was separated on twos getting info. No more solos. Babs and Artemis were stationed near the Iceberg Lounge, Jason and Batwoman had Crime Alley, Azrael and Batwing near Sionis Industries, Clayface and Steph went to Amusement Mile where the Joker loyalists were set up, which makes sense considering they're most likely to defect due to being leaderless for what feels like forever. And for some reason they left Bizarro to stay and try to tell me no, which doesn't make sense considering according to the original Bizarro: "No" means "Yes". "Come on, big guy? I just gotta day thank you."

"How come arm girl get thank you but Bizarro don't?"

"Ugh, thank you! Can I go talk to Cass now!?"

"What can me say except Ghost Man am welcome?" He said before stepping back for me to get in.

"Did you just...?" I began to say before feeling like it wasn't worth the effort and walking into the room. Cass was laying on the bed looking through a window. "Knock Knock." I said. She looked over at me with a surprised look. "This is the police, ma'am. Your son was hit by a dr-... never mind, I'm not good with jokes." I said. She looked like she was about to spring out of her bed to hug me before she grabbed her shoulder in pain. "Woah, hey, relax!" I walked over to her and she hugged me with her good arm. "Uhhhhh..." I tried to maneuver my arms around her without crushing her arm.

"Thank you!"

"For what?"

"Saved me!"

"Are you joking? Bane almost ripped your arm off."

"Would be gone if... you didn't save me." She said before letting go of the hug.

"I really should be thanking you. I would've been dead if you didn't jump on Bane with the batarang."

"I Couldn't let you get... hurt. Good friend."

"Not That I don't appreciate the compliment but do you consider us friends? Because we've had less then ten conversations together."

"Not to me... to Stephanie. You make her happy. Couldn't let Bane take her happiness."

"Well I think Steph is bummed out anyway. She feels guilty about freezing up like she did with your arm and my bruised everything."

"We'll live."

"...Man, I like you a lot." I said. "We might wanna make that clear to Steph the next time we see her, though. How is your arm doing?"

"Like I said... I'll live. I'll make Bane pay soon."

"Woah, slow down for a minute. If I'm not getting out there for a while you'll be out of it for like a month."

"I'm not like you... Born to fight... not to live."

"Well that's dark. Maybe taking a break from the fighting would be good for a bit. Like maybe learn English for realzies."

"Real...zies?"

"Exactly." I said. "I could even help teach you since I'm stuck here, too. As long as you don't catch my over use of swear words."

"...I'd like that."

"Alrighty. Well I should probably get back to bed before Babs shows up and kicks my ass." I said getting ready to walk out of the room. "It was nice to see you and thanks, again. I'd seriously be dead right now if it wasn't for you."

"Stephanie was right." She said. I looked over at her and I raised an eyebrow. "You are good... type of bad."

"Not exactly how I'd say 'assassin that kills corrupt politicians and super villains' but okay." I said before walking out and looking at Bizarro. "See? No harm done."

"Bizarro still feel like me am going to be yelled at by Red Her."

"She yells at everyone. That's like her thing. If she doesn't yell at you she punches you." I said before someone punched me in the back of the head. "Ow! I have a concussion!"

"Yeah What the hell, Artemis!?" Babs said as she walked in after Artemis.

"I lightly tapped the back of your head." Artemis said.

"That was lightly!?"

"Maybe your head is just more sensitive due to the concussion."

"Or maybe you have big dirty man hands!"

"Say That again and you'll be reminded about how it actually feels to be hit by me with full force."

"Break it up, you two!" Batwoman shouted as she and Jason walked in.

"You don't order me." Artemis stated.

"If you don't want your little club to be disbanded I do."

"So do you like, ever take a break from the bitchiness or-?" Jason asked which got no response from Batwoman.

"I thought you were supposed to be in bed." Batwoman stated.

"I just thought I'd thank Cass for saving my ass against Bane, alright? Is that a crime now?"

"Everyone's coming back. No one knows anything about Bane so far. We'll try again tomorrow." Babs said.

"You should've seen the way this one interrogated the scum. It's almost like she believes she's more than a teenaged Batwoman and rather a small Batman knock off." Artemis said. I mean what's the difference between those two things?

"Excuse me!?" Babs said.

"Ladies! Enough!" Batwoman ordered before Batwing and Azrael came into the room.

"Next Time we'll be targeting higher ups. Nygma is likely to know something the low lives don't. Maybe even The Tweedles." Jason said.

"But until then everyone rest up... where's Spoiler and Clayface."

"Right here." Clayface came in with Stephanie stuck inside of him with a piece of clay over her mouth. She was kicked and shouting but I couldn't understand her. "Kid went a little nutso when a clown wouldn't fess up to what he knew. She ended up beating him senseless and I had to keep her down."

"So you're telling me we had a lead and she just threw it away because she couldn't control her emotions?" Batwoman asked.

"Well, Big Guy, looks like you get to go out on patrol tomorrow." Jason said.