Issue #31: Titans Inc.

"What was that all about?" Barbara asked me.

"Caitlin and I got into a fight this morning because of Canary and Canary was talking a bunch of shit about Caitlin and I kinda got fed up with it. She kept calling her a killer and I mean sure her name was Killer Frost but... I don't know."

"Hey, I get it. Canary can be a bit of a pain sometimes and she has a hard time trusting people. A lot of the guys here do. Especially someone who was... y'know." Barbara said. "But hey, at least know that there are people here who are willing to give 'Caitlin'- Man it's weird calling her that- a chance and trust her. Like me."

"Oh yeah? And how come you trust her?" I asked.

"Because I trust you."

"And why do you trust me? You know in all intents and purposes we should be arch enemies. You were the first hero to ever try to stop me, I got away, taunted you relentlessly, and then a week later you caught me, only for me to escape on the car ride. But then for some reason it was less like you wanted to bash my brains in and bring me to justice and more two friends playing a game of Tag in an entire city."

"I don't know. I can't really explain it. Maybe it's because You remind me of someone."

"Is it Jason? I keep getting that and it's getting insulting."

"No not him, although I see the similarities." She laughed. "Besides, even if I did hate your guys like I should you're nowhere near my worst enemy."

"Wow, rude." I said. "If it's not me, who is it? Black Mask? Firefly? Some other low rank jobber?"

"It's actually my brother. He's a deranged serial killer." She said frowning.

"Oh. Not nearly as fun as I thought it would be."

"Yeah." She said before it got quiet.

"...Soooooooo why is it you wanted to talk to me?" I asked.

"Well, I wanted to catch up with you since I know you didn't exactly come here willingly and I wanted to see how you were holding up." She said as we walked into a room.

"Well thanks for caring-"

"Alsooooooooo he wanted to talk to you and knew you wouldn't listen if I wasn't hear to make you listen." Barbara said pointing at a pair of white eyes in the unnaturally dark half of the room.

"Of course." I said groaning. "Well now I'm just not going to listen to either of you."

"Oh come on! Just listen for like two minutes and you can't get out of the watchtower for a few months." Barbara said.

"...Okay you have my interest."

"As previously stated, you don't have my trust and I don't like the idea of you roaming around the watchtower at your own free will." Batman said.

"Yeah, this makes about as much sense as a cop putting a dude in house arrest but in the cop's house-"

"Really? Is it physically impossible for you to shut up?" Barbara asked.

"You'd be surprised." I said before looking back at Batman's eyes giving me that glare he does. "Alright, continue."

"However I still think there is potential in you. And at the same time I doubt you'll have the adequate resources to reach your potential stuck here. So I'm going to present you two ways out out of here." Batman said before throwing two separate files at me. One of them with a T in a circle on it and one of them with a small, red bat symbol on it. I picked up the one with the red symbol on it. "My personal pick for you: Batman Inc."

"Ego much?" I asked before Barbara hit me in the back of the head. "Ow!"

"A team of handpicked members led by my cousin Batwoman. Highly trained in more ways than one. A former member of the military, however that makes her run a tight ship. You'll be joined by Batwing, Azrael, Orphan, Clayface-"

"Waitwaitwaitwaitwait. Clayface? Isn't he one of your super duper arch enemies?" I asked.

"He was before he went through the same program I'm offering you. Now as I was saying, you'll be joined by Batwing, Azrael, Orphan, Clayface, Spoiler, Red Robin, and-"

"Me! I mean- uh I'll also be there... if that matters." Barbara said before acting real embarrassed about how excited she was to announce she was on the team. No one here I really see myself hating, although Batwing seems a little like that type to smell his own farts.

"The other option is Red Robin and Spoiler's other group known as The New Teen Titans."

"Oh isn't that Tim?" I asked. "Jason talks a lot of shit about the other Robins."

"Red Robin isn't as strict with orders as Batwoman is as long as he gets results, but he's still a formidable leader and is more strict on methods of taking out criminals. The broken collarbone and concussion Batwoman allows will become nonexistent when dealing with Red Robin. This team is made up of Spoiler, The Changeling- better known as Beast Boy, Raven, Blue Beetle, Stargirl, And two newer heroes, Ravager and Terra. Personally I don't trust Ravager and think the two of you will be good fits for each other, despite Nightwing's vouching for her."

"Who's Ravager Exactly?" I asked flipping through. "Oh, Rose Wilson. Yeah I was told not to go near any of the Wilson kids when I was younger. I ended up running into Grant in middle school. Bullied the shit out of me. Glad that idiot's dead now."

"The choice is up to you. You can stay here and keep training with Black Canary to improve your fighting skills or you can improve on field with the aid of two of my greatest allies and their respective operations. So,

What's your choice?"