Issue #26: JLA, The Justice League of Anarchy

Your POV

"..."

"..."

"You saw the hologram, Batman, just let him in." Batgirl said. "You'd think out of all people, you'd at least listen to yourself." She muttered under her breath.

"I am. And I think this isn't a good idea."

"Didn't you invite me to your little Bat Pack a few months ag-"

"That was with me giving you the right training and firmly removing your choice of execution, and your executions as a whole, for that matter." Batman said. "The League letting you join without proving that you can be trusted is the thing I have a problem with."

"Batman, you're the only one who still needs to give them the okay." Batgirl said.

"Can you just say no already so I can be on my way? I've got things to do." I said.

"If you think for one second that if I say no you'll just waltz out of here and-"

"Now, Bruce, let's not get hostile." Someone said. I looked behind me and saw Superman walk through the door.

"Aren't you being a little too lax, Superman?" Batman asked him through gritted teeth.

"If he's going to be apart of the team then we can't just act like total strangers with him. How are we supposed to build trust?" Superman asked him.

"I have my methods."

"Is that why the only people you trust 100 percent is Alfred?" Batgirl asked him. Batman gave her the batglare and she looked away. Superman walked over to me and offered me a handshake.

"The rest of the League really see your potential, and even though he doesn't want to admit it, so does Bruce." Superman said. I hesitated before shaking his hand.

"Uhhhhh, thanks..." I said trailing off waiting for him to tell me his actual name.

"Kal-El. But you can call me Clark Kent." He said. "We think you'll be a valuable member of the team, but that being said," his grip started to get tighter... and tighter... and- hey I think I'm losing feeling in my whole arm. "Don't even think about trying to betray us. I don't think you'd like going up against every single hero in North America."

"Actually..." Batgirl and I said at the same time before Superman crushed my hand even more. I started to collapse in pain only to be held off the floor by Superman's hand.

"Alright, alright, fine! I'll join your stupid league!" I shouted before Superman let go. Batgirl immediately ran over to me. "How do you expect me to shoot anyone with this hand!?" I asked him. Superman looked back at me with a glare and Batgirl looked at me baffled.

"You can't be serious." Batgirl said.

"Depends. If I say I am being serious, which one of you is going to hit me?" I asked.

"I'd suggest taking him to the infirmary to get his hand taped up and get him an ice pack. Nothing's broken. Bruce and I need to have a talk." Superman said. Batgirl helped me up to my feet and walked me out of the room as I cradled my hand. I looked out a window and-

"WAIT HOLY SHIT WE'RE ACTUALLY IN SPACE!" I shouted.

"Well yeah, we told you that." Batgirl said.

"I THOUGHT YOU TOLD ME THAT SO I DIDN'T PHASE THROUGH THE WALLS THE FIRST CHANCE I GOT!" I said. Batgirl rolled her eyes and continued to lead me to the infirmary. "Hey, so when Superman kept calling Bats Bruce, did me mean-"

"Bruce Wayne, Yeah."

"I knew I saw that jaw on a magazine somewhere before!" I said making Batgirl laugh. "But that still doesn't explain who you are." She stopped and I looked over at her. She hesitated before taking her cowl off.

"Barbara. Barbara Gordon." She said.

"So how come you wear that cowl?"

"To keep my identity a secret?"

"Yeah okay but you're hot." I said. She blushed before sandbagging it and just simply saying "I can't just not wear a mask because 'I'm hot' as you put it."

"Yeah you can. Like Cait... and Harley... and Duela... and Ivy... and-"

"Alright I get it!" She said looking like she was tempted to squeeze my hand. "I should've just taken the compliment."

"Yeah, you should've." I said. "So is this place always so empty?"

"Don't know. Third time I've been."

"Makes sense. So where's Brat Bird?"

"Gotham. Alfred's babysitting him."

"You mean that weird ass alien from the 80's people reference for some reason whenever they talk about the 80's?"

"That's Alf."

"Tomato, Tom." I said. The doors to the infirmary opened and Caitlin looked up at me after starting to doze off. She got up and hugged me.

"I've been waiting for you." She said.

"How'd you know I was gonna be here?"

"Not only was it the first place I was going to look for you anyway, but Superman told me it'd be smart to wait here for you." Caitlin said. Then it got quiet, but Caitlin didn't talk because she was expecting me to think of some sort of retort. "What's wrong?" She asked me.

"Nothing. Just, usually at this point either Harley makes a joke or Boomerang says some smartass remark and gets punched by my dad." I said.

"You can't possibly miss the Squad." Caitlin said.

"Well I don't miss the whole idea or the bomb or Waller, but I miss The Squad. It's okay to say you miss them, too. I won't tell Boomerang." I said.

"You're not going to see Boomerang again." Cait said lightly laughing making me laugh too. "But I do sorta miss them. I'm just glad I'm still with you." She said getting closer to me. Barbara coughed and got our attention.

"We should probably get that ice pack." She said dragging me away.