Issue #20: Assault on Arkham Part 12: Arkham Underworld

Duela POV

Harley squealed as we opened up her box. Instead of looking for the Riddler Cane we were going through her and Joker's stuff.

"My old mallet!" She said taking it out.

"WAIT CAN I HAVE THIS ONE!?" I asked looking at it. Instead of her iconic red and black design with diamonds and hearts it was purple and green with a joker smiley face on it. She probably got it when she first became Harley.

"Eh, sure. Knock yourself out. After we get out of this." Harley said putting her arm around my shoulder.  And handing me her red and black mallet.

"Hey we got the cane!" Boomerang said. We walked over to him and looked at the cane. Deadshot pulled out the dot of the question mark which was connected to a USB.

"Alright now let's get the hell out of here." Croc said.

"Someone get Frost and (Y,N) so we can bail." Deadshot said.

"Don't worry, we'll get them after we take care of you." Someone said from the rafters. A blue batarang flew to the floor before it blew up and smoke filled the room.

"SWING AT ANYTHING THAT LOOKS LIKE A BAT!" Deadshot said. I saw something that looked slightly like a bat and swung the mallet. Harley hit it too and we sandwiched his head before it fell to the floor. "I SAID ANYTHING THAT LOOKS LIKE A BAT!" Deadshot shouted as he got up.

"I DID!" We both said. Then a staff hit me in the chin and someone kicked the leg out from underneath me.

"Another Joker Scum." A Little Kid said.

"I prefer Joker's Daughter but whatever suits you, kid." I said before Boomerang hit him in the back of the head with a boomerang.

"You're gonna wish you didn't sneak out past your bed time, twerp!" Harley said as we all circled Robin before Batgirl dropkicked Harley into Scarecrow's Evidence boxes. Another girl in purple showed up out of nowhere and landed onto Boomerang while punching me and shooting an arrow at Deadshot. She was immediately grabbed by Croc.

"Oh great! It's my arch nemesis! Purple Green Arrow Girl!" I said.

"The name is Huntress." She grunted before something electrocuted Croc. Robin jumped onto his back and tried to choke him out with his staff. Deadshot tossed me the USB.

"Go get (Y,N) and Frost while we exterminate the bats!" Deadshot told me. I ran to the entrance before a rope tied around my legs and I fell to the floor.

"Where do you think you're going?" Batgirl asked before Harley smashed her mallet into the back of Batgirl's head.

"The hell away from you, sweetie!" Harley said as she tried to untie me. I saw Huntress try to sneak up on Harley but she was grabbed by Croc. He ran at full speed towards a wall as Deadshot readied his wrist cannon to shoot her. Huntress was able to aim her crossbow and clog his wrist cannon with an arrow. Harley untied my legs and the two of us ran out the entrance before there was a short power outage. The lights switched back on and the cells started opening.

"Something tells me this is bad." I said.

Your POV

We ran past a couple of the Justice League losers before Green Lantern tried to stop us by making a wall. Caitlyn shot Ice at his face and covered his eyes. All of the sudden the wall disappeared.

"How'd you know Green Lanterns need their eyes to access their powers?" Riddler asked her.

"I didn't. I just wanted to blind the bastard." Caitlyn said. We made it to the cafeteria and locked the doors. I threw a grenade into the kitchen to make any remaining chefs run away.

"Overkill. I like it." Livewire said.

"Okay so about the brains in our heads." Caitlyn said.

"Aw, yes! You see, Livewire and I were apart of one of the previous incarnations of The Suicide Squad. But it was short lived as we found out that we could simply short circuit the bombs." Riddler said.

"Luckily for you two, I can get rid of two of those brain bombs at a time." Livewire said. Caitlyn hugged me excitedly.

"We can finally get out of this hellhole!" Cait said. But as she did something wasn't sitting right with me.

"We should get the others." I said.

"What?" Caitlyn said looking at me.

"We shouldn't just leave the rest of them behind... most of them behind... Boomerang falls under the 'Don't leave behind' category." I said. Caitlyn looked like she was going to pout but she groaned.

"I can't stay mad at you." She told me. "Is there a way that we can save any of the others after you help us?" She asked Riddler and Livewire.

"We can try the Shock Treatment room." Riddler said.

"And you can try the Shock Treatment room after I'm on my way to Metropolis." Livewire said crossing her arms.

"Sure whatever just get rid of our bombs first." I said. Livewire grabbed both of my hands and looked me in the eyes.

"This is going to hurt." She told me before she let out a huge electric charge. I started spazzing out  as Livewire held onto my hands. I fell to my knees as she still shocked me for another ten seconds before she let go. I started panting and twitching.

"Good news, that was more than enough to fry the bomb in your brain." Riddler said.

"You know, I think I'm going to pass on the whole 'get rid of the bomb' thing." Caitlyn said.

"Snowflake..." I said. "Don't bitch out now." I told her.

"Also at this point if Waller realizes something's up, you're as good as dead." Riddler said. Caitlyn groaned as she put out a hand for Livewire. Livewire grabbed it and started shocking her. After she did Caitlyn collapsed to the floor. Livewire fell down too and sat down breathing heavily. I crawled over to her to see if she was okay. Riddler walked over to her and checked her pulse.

"She's alive. She just needs to rest for a few minutes. Now's the time to gather the rest of your Squad and bring them to me." Riddler said.

"And to bring me... to the exit..." Livewire said. Then in the blink of an eye she disappeared.

"Sorry (Y,N) but I'm afraid you're little prison break has been cancelled. Not only are Riddler and Livewire going back to their cells but I'm going to make sure you and Frost get your own cells as well." Superman said.