Issue #48: Wrath of Bane Part 1: Bird of Prey

"And then Duela started laughing for some reason, but I shrugged it off and went into the bathroom and BAM! There Harley was. She reached for a towel but then when she saw it was me she just dropped it." I explained to Stephanie.

"Really? You're telling me Harley Quinn has a crush on you?"

"No, I'm telling you I made out with Harley and I've also seen her naked." I said.

"Yeah. Okay, sure." Stephanie said sarcastically.

"I'm being serious! Cass you believe me right?"

"I... don't care."

"Oh, well that's just great." I said. "Hey, where is Tim? Wasn't he just supposed to take care of a mugging?" I asked.

"God, who knows with him these days?" Stephanie asked agitatedly.

"(H/N), Spoiler, Orphan, report in." Batwoman said through our earpieces.

"There was a group Joker boys trying to take over a bar up north. (H/N) and I took most of them out before Orphan got there." Stephanie said.

"And Red Robin's not with you?"

"No, he's not." Stephanie said. She sounded like she was gritting her teeth underneath her mask.

"Said something about a mugging he was taking care of, over." I said.

"You don't have to say over."

"Well, I wanna, over."

"We're standing right next to each other."

"Yeah, but I'm still using the ear piece because it looks cooler, o-"

"Quiet!" Batwoman ordered making me and Stephanie shut up. "Now we have a missing member of the team. Red Robin hasn't been answering his coms. You three are going to start looking for him around the area while the rest of us get to your location. Be alert and do not engage the enemy if we're not there. If Red Robin's been kidnapped it would have to be from a high level enemy."

"Maybe he wasn't kidnapped. Maybe he found out about some sort of Mad Mod thing." I said. I saw Stephanie looking at me with a raised eyebrow. "Yes, I know about Teen Titans stuff, too."

"Unlikely. Now start searching. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes ma'am!" Me and Stephanie said at the same time while Cass just said "Yes!"

"Good. Batwoman out." Batwoman said before disconnecting.

"Great. Where do we even start to look for him?" Stephanie asked.

"I don't know but we might as well start looking." I said. "I'll start by talking to all the cute college girls on the street."

"Could you be serious for a minute and worry about my possibly kidnapped boyfriend?"

"Listen, I seriously doubt it. He's the best out of all of you guys including Batman. I doubt he'd get taken that easily. And so do you. That's why you're really not panicking about this whole thing. You're just acting upset because you think it's the right thing to do." I said.

"...Yeah... you're right. Let's just hurry up and find Tim." Stephanie said.

"Harbor."

"Huh?" I said looking over at Cass.

"Let's check Harbor." She repeated.

. . .

"Welp, we checked the entire Harbor. Seems like business as usual. Well actually, not really because business as usual involves crimes but these guys just seem to be loading fish and shit." I said as me and Cass met Stephanie on top of a roof looking out at the ocean.

"Uh Huh." Stephanie said just staring out.

"Hey, what's going on with you?" I asked Stephanie.

"Nothing. It's just... have you ever been 100% sure you were in love with someone only to wake up one day and only be like 60% sure?"

"Are you trying to be funny? 'Ha Ha, you were an alcoholic for a week!' You're not funny."

"No, I'm not talking about you! It's just... I was in love with Tim Drake since we were both kids and I could've sworn he was in love with me too. But now I'm starting to think he's more in love with the idea of being the next Batman."

"What? No way! I've heard story after story of the two of you and you guys were practically made for each other."

"The Bride of Frankenstein was literally made for Frankenstein but she didn't love him." Stephanie said. After she did Cass put a hand on her shoulder as a sign of moral support.

"...Frankenstein's Monster."

"Huh?"

"She was made for Frankenstein's Monster. Frankenstein is the doctor. Depending on what work you're referring to his first name is either Henry or Victor but anyway, Tim is smart, there's no way he's retarded enough to let go of a hot, smart, blonde who can kick ass and crack jokes."

"Thanks for that."

"You're welcome. Now quit sulking and let's find your-"

"What is that?" Stephanie said pointing to the sky. I saw two birds flying together.

"Birds?"

"That's a condor and a falcon. Two birds that have never been seen anywhere near Gotham ever... except a falcon was seen... once." Stephanie said before the Falcon started flying away. "Follow the falcon but stay out of the condor's line of sight."

"Why?"

"Just do it." Stephanie said before jumping off the roof and running in the direction the falcon went.

"I guess we follow her then?" I asked Cass before she nodded. We followed Stephanie, who followed the bird to an old warehouse not too far from Gotham Harbor. Steph grappled to the roof and we followed suit. Then Spoiler looks looked over at us.

"Be as quiet as possible." She whispered.

"You think you can manage that?" I whispered to Cass. She didn't say anything and slapped me in the back of the head. "Ow!" I said before Stephanie shushed me. We snuck in through a broken window and landed on the catwalk. There we saw a group of different gang members all surrounding a guy in a chair with a bag over his head, two separate piles of guns and bullets behind him, a group of guys in camo pants, black tactical vests and black ski masks surrounding the tied up guy, and finally a blonde guy dressed like a pirate. Wait...

"That Guy looks familiar." I whispered as the falcon from earlier flew in through a hole in the roof and landed on his shoulder.

"That's because that's Bird. And if he's out of hiding that only means...

Bane's back in town."