Issue #11: Assault on Arkham Part 3: Return to Arkham Part 1

Killer Frost POV

Before we got onto the jet, Waller pulled me a side.

"I don't like how chummy you're getting with (L,N), convict." She said.

"What? We're just friends-"

"Criminals like you don't deserve friends. They'll cause you to feel comfortable in your current situation. Comfortable makes you sloppy. It makes you think there's a happy ending for you, convict... do you know you're not the first Killer Frost?" She said. I stayed silent. "Of course you do. Did you know the second one, Louise Lincoln, was in Suicide Squad? Do you want to know what happened to her? She became friendly with King Shark, our muscle before we were able to capture Killer Croc. She thought the two of them were going to be able to get out of Suicide Squad with a clean slate. She thought they were going to be able to escape. And then I blew up the bomb in her head after Shark left her here after finishing his sentence. She's buried underneath your cell. This is your one reminder, convict. If you think for a second you can have some sort of happy life with (Y,N) (L,N), you're wrong. And even if you do live to see the sun without a bomb in your head again, a loner like (L,N) isn't going with you. You'll be alone and a forgotten face to him. Now get to the jet, convict." Waller said. I gave her an icy glare which she returned as I walked away. I sat in the seat next to Deadshot thinking to myself.

. . .

"... Hey, guys?" (Y,N) said. We all looked at him. "I just realized, isn't The Joker in Arkham?"

"What about that clown?" Harley said.

"We have two people on this jet obsessed with that clown." Croc said.

"And you're one of 'em." Boomerang said looking at Harley.

"I told you! Me and that cheap suited Clown are done!" Harley said.

"Well I'm convinced." I said sarcastically.

"You keep saying that. Don't mean we believe you." Deadshot said.

"If you betray us for your boyfriend, I'll bite your head off." Croc said.

"That goes for you too, 'Joker's Daughter'." Boomerang said. Duela didn't say a word.

"Squad, you're nearing the drop point." Waller said through an intercom.

"Wait, drop point?" (Y,N) said. All of the sudden we were all strapped into our chairs. The floor beneath us opened up.

"The button on the middle of your 'seat belts' is a parachute activator. It'll activate the parachute in the back of your chair." Waller said.

"OH HELL N-" I yelled before we all started to fall. Boomerang started yelling every swear he knew as well as "Screw a Dingo up the ass". Duela and I screamed our heads off while Harley said "WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

"IS THIS HOW YOU GET OFF, WALLER!?" (Y,N) shouted.

"SQUAD! WITH FLAG GONE I'M IN CHARGE AND EVERYONE HIT THEIR PARACHUTES WHEN I SAY!" Deadshot said.

"UHHHHHHH, LAWTON!? WE'RE GETTING CLOSE TO THE GROUND!" I shouted.

"WAIT A MINUTE!"

"LAWTON, WE'RE ABOUT TO BE RED ON THE PAVEMENT IN A MINUTE!" Boomerang shouted.

"HOLD ON!"

"DAD I SWEAR TO CHRIST IF YOU DON-"

"NOW!" Deadshot said as we all hit our buttons. Then my parachute ripped off and I started falling to my death. I started screaming.

"UGH, FUCK ME!" I heard (Y,N) yell as others tried to protest whatever he was about to do. I was going to accept my fate before a pair of arms wrapped around me and spun me around so they would hit the ground first. "DAMMIT I FORGOT I DON'T HAVE MY POWERS!" (Y,N) shouted. Wait is he risking his life to try to save me? I closed my eyes and braced for impact. We crashed into something and I slowly got up. I quickly looked over to (Y,N).

"(Y,N)! ARE YOU ALRIGHT!?" I said looking at him a few inches away from my face.

"Yeah I'm fine. All thanks to him. You doing alright, Big Guy?" (Y,N) said. I realized that we were actually laying on top of Killer Croc who was laying on a crushed car.

"I'll live." Croc said.

"Thanks for saving me, I owe you." (Y,N) said.

"Don't mention it." Croc said.

Duela POV

"UGH, FUCK ME!" (Y,N) said as he unbuckled his seat belt.

"(Y,N) THIS ISN'T FUNNY!" I said.

"OI! HAVE YOU LOST YER MARBLES!?" Boomerang said.

"(Y,N) ARE YOU NUTS!?" Harley shouted.

"(Y,N) PUT YOUR BELT BACK ON!" Deadshot said like a Dad. He jumped out of his chair and shot like a rocket to Killer Frost. After that, Croc ripped off his seatbelt and went after them. They plummeted to the ground and out of sight. I tried to make my chair go faster without jumping out. I may be crazy but I'm not stupid. I started panicking until we saw them all lying on a broken car. I was still about 5 feet away from the ground when I unbuckled my seat belt and jumped to the floor and ran over to them.

"(Y,N) WHY DID YOU DO THAT DUMBASS!?" I said.

"What? Was I supposed to just let her die?" He said. "We're a team, wether we wanted to be or not. We can't just bail on each other! Hell, if it wasn't for Croc, I'd be dead."

"To be fair, it woulda been your fault, mate. Just cuz we're the Suicide Squad don't mean you have to try to kill yourself for the squad." Boomerang said. Deadshot landed and power walked towards (Y,N) before punching him in the face.

"Don't do that ever again! Got it!?" Deadshot said in a fatherly tone.

"Alright, jeez." (Y,N) said with a glare on his face. He reached in his pocket and put his mask on.

"Has anyone seen Harley?" Croc said.

"OVER HERE!" Harley shouted. We looked next to a dumpster  to see her lying upside down in her chair. "IT'S OKAY! I LANDED ON MY HEAD!"