Issue #13: Assault on Arkham Part 5: Return to Arkham Part 3

Your POV

Everyone was partying with The Penguin's Crew. Well, by everyone I mean Boomerang. Croc was swimming around by himself in a pool, Duela was with me who just wasn't feeling it, Caitlyn sat in a corner because she wasn't into parties, Harley was sitting by herself upset and Deadshot was trying to sneak off to check on Zoe. It tried to go with him but he said that Waller might blow his head off for this and if he doesn't want to risk me dying, too. There was an awkward silence between Duela and I for a while before she blurted out "(Y,N) do you think I'm ugly?" and putting her hands over her mouth.

"Huh? No, why?" I said.

"I...I don't know. I've always... I've always prided myself on the feeling that I was ugly. When I was a kid I tried to cut off my face with a box cutter. I didn't care what anyone else thought as long as I knew I had my own twisted view of beauty. But for some reason I care what you think." She said looking at her hand as she pulled it away from her mouth, blushing. She looked at me. "I gotta go use the bathroom." She said getting up. Before I went to have fun with Cait, I wanted to see what was up with Harley. I walked over to her.

"Hey." I said. She didn't look at me but I heard sniffles. I tilted her head so she looked at me. "What's wrong?"

"Y'know, it hurts. Everyone assuming that you're crazy. Everyone thinks because I was in love with the Joker once that I'm totally out of my mind. And they have a right to think I am, but I'm not. It's always 'Here comes that walking freak show, Harley Quinn', not 'oh hi, Harleen'! It gets old after awhile. No one actually wants to talk to me because they're afraid of Joker or because they think I'll bite their head off. And if you think about it it's sad. I could've been a psychiatrist. I was a psychiatrist. But instead I'm a wanted criminal being used on suicide missions by the US Government. The worst part about it is if I ever do die on these missions, no one's gonna miss me. That stupid clown isn't going to. Ivy will be sad at first but she'll move on. Maybe Catwoman might but I'm not holdin' my breath." Harley said before sighing. I looked into her eyes.

"I care, Harleen." I said. Just saying that made a beaming smile show up on her face. She gave me a huge hug and cried on my shoulder. I hugged her back and patted her on the back before petting her hair. She let go of me and looked back up at me with a smile. It looked like she was trying to hold back tears of joy now. She wiped one of her eyes before getting up.

"I should probably change my makeup." She said getting up. After she did I walked over to Caitlyn.

"What was that all about?" She asked me.

"She's just upset about... being her." I said.

"I'd hate myself too if I was in love with The Joker."

"That's basically the gist of it but yeah, she doesn't like being 'a nutjob clown' that thought no one would've cared if I was actually serious about killing her."

"Awwwwwww. Poor girl."

"Yeah, so can you try being friends with her? She could use more friends than me and Ivy." I said.

"Why the hell not? I guess I could use some more friends besides... you. And... you." She said making me laugh. Deadshot walked back into the lounge. I walked over to him with Caitlyn behind me.

"Is she-"

"She's fine. She did the right thing and called my ex wife after you never came home." Deadshot explained. I let out a sigh of relief.

"Ey! Lawton! Come play a game of darts with us!" Boomerang said. "Think of it as an apology for getting on your nerves the past few months." Deadshot shrugged and walked over to Boomerang and a group of Penguin's goons.

"This'll be good." I told Caitlyn. Boomerang turned his back to the board. He threw a dart behind him and he got it on a five. The group of goons cheered before Deadshot threw a dart at a wall. It ricocheted off it then off a chandelier then of the bar then off the ceiling and landed on the bullseye.

"Holy shit!" Frost said.

"Right... I can do that." Boomerang said. He blindly threw another dart at a wall which ricocheted into a bottle breaking it, then into a picture of Penguin making it fall, then towards Caitlyn before I dipped her out of the way making it hit the wall behind us, and being caught by Deadshot before it hit him. I looked at Caitlyn.

"You okay?" I asked her. She was blushing red past her blue skin.

"Y-yeah I'm fine." She said trying not to make eye contact with me. I brought her back up to her feet and let her go as Boomerang walked to Deadshot.

"Sorry, mate. Happens to the best of us." He said. Deadshot punched him in his face.

"Now we're even." He said. Duela and Harley were only here to see Boomerang get punched in the face. "Alright, we should probably get some shut eye." Deadshot announced. "Since there's seven of us, I nominate myself to be the one that sleeps alone."

"I call being (Y,N)'s roommate." Caitlyn said putting an arm around me. She got stared at by Duela and Harley. To my surprise she closed one eye and made a gun gesture at them with a smile on her face.

"So that means the clowns are together and Croc's with Boomerang." Boomerang sprung up to his feet.

"WHY DO I HAVE TO ROOM WITH CROC!?" He asked.

"Well for starters you aren't going to have to deal with Croc, Croc is going to have to deal with you." Deadshot said. "And I'm sure Harley and Duela don't want to sleep in the same room as a pervert like you."

"ALRIGHT LET'S NOT START MAKING ALLEGATI-"

"Your cell is literally covered in pictures of naked women ripped out of magazines." Caitlyn said. Boomerang threw his hands in the air.

"Fine! Screw me, then!" He said.

Caitlyn and I walked around the hotel rooms looking for a good one to stay at. It wasn't really close to any of the other Squad rooms.

"How about here?" I asked her looking in. There were two beds, a nice flatscreen tv and a bathroom with a jacuzzi in it.

"Yeah, here's fine." She said. We walked in and Caitlyn closed the door. I turned around to say something only to have Caitlyn jump onto me and kiss me as I held her. After a few seconds I fell back onto one of the beds. We continued kissing until she pulled away to catch her breath. She smirked at me. "Not bad for a first time, huh?"

"Uhhhhh..." I said remembering Ivy was actually my first kiss.

"I meant my first time kissing someone, dumbass!" She said punching me in the chest.

"There's no way that was your first kiss! You were amazing!" I said. She smirked again.

"Well it's about to get a lot better." She said before opening her top and throwing it at the wall.