Issue #12: Assault On Arkham Part 4: Return to Arkham Part 2

Your POV

I walked next to Caitlyn, who was kicking the dirt up as she walked with her hands in her pocket.

"You shouldn't have saved me." Cait said.

"Why not? Aren't we teammates?"

"Aren't you not a team player? Didn't you say that you rejected joining Batman's ragtag group of rejects?"

"I did, and I wasn't a team player. And to an extent I'm still not. You and the other five are the only people I'd actually risk myself for. And I guess Diablo is cool. The rest can get kidnapped by The Society for all I care." I said.

"Well... you still shouldn't have saved me. There's no happy ending for me." She said. I saw a small tear in her eye start to freeze. I lifted her chin so she stopped looking at the ground and she looked at me.

"Who told you that?" I said. "You know what, it doesn't matter. Whoever they are they're wrong. You're gonna be fine."

"EY! LOVEBIRDS! HURRY UP AND CATCH UP!" Boomerang shouted at us.

"YEAH! MOVE IT!" Duela added. We caught up to them to hear Deadshot saying "Don't talk about my son being in a relationship. He's not going to be apart of one of your sick OTPs."

"An OT-what?" Boomerang said.

"Is that like an STD?" Duela asked.

"That's HIV." Croc said.

"I hate MTV!" Harley said.

"Seriously though, what's an OTP and why do you know about it?" Boomerang said.

"He has a 16 year old daughter, remember?" I said.

"Still doesn't explain what it is." Boomerang said.

"Everyone shut up. We're here." Croc said. Boomerang whistled.

"This place don't look half bad." Boomerang said. "Ey, (Y,N), let's get wasted before the mission, huh?" Deadshot put his cannon inches away from Boomerang's face.

"Give me one more reason. One. More. Reason." He said. We walked up to the entrance where the bouncer immediately said "We're closed. VIP members only."

"We're with Amanda Waller." Deadshot said. The bouncer opened the door and walked in.

"Follow me." He instructed. We walked through the lounge until we came across Penguin stuffing his face with fish.

"Well if it ain't Deadshot! Didn't expect you to be one of Waller's lapdogs!" Penguin said exposing his pearly w- his rancid yellows. "Men, meet Floyd Lawton! The best assassin I've ever met! And I only work with the best!"

"It's an honor, sir." Deadshot said. I started to choke on nothing after he called him "sir".

"Oi, Waylon! Is that you!? How did you end up with this freak show!? You guys'll do anything for money to associate yourselves with Boomerang."

"OI!" Boomerang said before Deadshot put his arm in front of Boomerang, preventing him from charging and tackling Penguin.

"I was told that you could sneak us into Arkham Mr. Cobblepot." Deadshot said.

"'Mister'?" I repeated to myself.

"Yeah I can get you into the mad house. I've got equipment for it and everything. My boys will show you to it in the back." Penguin said before his eyes widened and he picked up his umbrella and pointed it at ME!? I looked behind me to see that Harley was hiding behind me peaking out. All of the guards pointed guns at Harley too. "What the hell is she doing here!? And who's the other clown girl!?"

"They're apart of our group." Deadshot said.

"No can do. We can continue our business after we take care of these Joker Goons. I won't be affiliated with the scum!"

"I'm not with the Joker anymore I swear!" Harley said. "And that bozos never even met the guy!" She said pointing at Duela. "Come on, Ozzie. You can't still be mad over that truck incident a couple months ago!" Harley said. All of the guards cocked their guns.

"Wah Wah." Frost said making me chuckle before realizing Harley and Duela might actually die.

"You cost me money! A lot of money! And for what? A STINKIN' LAUGH! Nobody steals from me and gets away with it!" Penguin said.

"...Did I mention Mr. J and I aren't together anymore?" Harley said. Alright I should probably step in. I walked up.

"Hi...'Mr.' Cobblepot. I'm (Y,N), Deadshot's son. It's a pleasure to meet you. If you want my opinion: you're right. You should kill her. I know that if I led a giant crime organization and somebody did that to me, I'd personally rip their heart out from their mouth and then shoved it back in through their ass. Hell, as a vigilante that kills super villains and politicians for a living, I'll kill her for you." I said. I looked back at Harley, who looked back at me heartbroken. "BUT, you wanna know what's worse for business than letting a nutjob walk away after screwing you over? Double crossing your clients." I said leaning in. "Now, imagine what would happen if word got out to Gotham Underground that Mr. Cobblepot takes your money then murders your agents?" Penguin hesitated before looking at Deadshot.

"Get them out of my face, Lawton." He said. Croc stood in front of Harley and Duela. "Here's your bloody files." He told me handing me the files talking about the operation. "Memorize the contents. You can get some shut eye up above in my hotel rooms. You'll go along with your operation tomorrow in the dead of night. After that, I don't want to see any of your faces on my turf again! Not get out of here!" He said. We started to walk away with the bouncer taking us to our rooms.

"Ever the charmer aren't you?" Boomerang asked Harley.

"Bite Me." She said obviously pissed off.

"Damn. I really wanted to see Penguin and Boomerang go at it." I said.

"I know! Battle of the god awful foreign accents!" Duela said making all of us laugh except Boomerang (and Harley who was once again: Pissed).

"EY!" Boomerang said.

"Relax, Boomerang. She doesn't mean she thinks Australian accents are bad." Deadshot said.

"...Just yours."