Issue #25: Assault on Arkham (Final Part)

Your POV

"CAITLIN WHAT THE HELL!?" I shouted ripping my hand out of her grasp and looking at the ice covered door.

"(Y,N), Look! It was either us or them! Don't tell me Boomerang wouldn't have done the same exact thing if he was smart enough to think of it!" She said.

"THE DIFFERENCE IS WE'RE BETTER THAN BOOMERANG! WE'RE NOT BOOMERANG! AND DUELA ISN'T BOOMERANG! BUT NOW SHE'S GOING TO DIE BECAUSE SHE'S STUCK IN THERE!" I said.

"I was just trying to do what's best for the both of us!" She said. I groaned before taking a deep breath.

"Whatever. What's done is done. Let's just try to get out of here. We'll talk about it later, Frost." I said before shoving my hands in my pockets and speed walking away. I was down the hall before I realized Frost was still standing at the door. I looked back at her. "I said let's go!" I said before she started walking with me.

"...That's the first time you've called me Killer Frost since this whole thing began." She muttered. I just kept walking as we tried to find a way to the helicopter. We made it to the courtyard where it was total mayhem. We ran through the carnage to the helicopter. It was a god damn war zone. We were able to make it to the helicopter and I started messing with controls.

"Do you know how to work this thing?" Caitlin asked me.

"No. But today's a good day to learn how to." I said before something hit me in the side of my head and someone started laughing. I started seeing double and I looked up.

"(Y,N)!" Caitlin shouted before I saw her have her head smashed in by a bat.

"Oh I do apologize old friend, but you misunderstood me! There are two seats on this helicopter, but those are meant for me and Harley! Hahahahaha! I merely let you and your chums decide which ones would live long enough to be killed by your's truly! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Joker said before smacking me in the face with a crowbar. Oh man, Jason's gonna kick my ass. He lifted me back up to my feet and started dancing with me before I head butted him. I tackled him to the ground and started choking him before his flower squirted something in my eyes. Before I could regain my vision he smashed the crowbar against my head again. With blurry vision I saw him wipe his face with a handkerchief. "You know I was hoping you would be fun..." He said before pulling out a gun and pointing it at me. "I'd come up with a joke involving your name but it's so dumb even I'm stumped. But I guess it's dumb to the point where it's a joke in itself... (H/N)! Ha! Ahahaha! AHAHAAHAHAHA! AHAHAHAHAHAHAH-" Joker stopped laughing as something knocked him onto the floor. Harley started beating him senseless with her baseball bat. I got up to my feet and helped Caitlin up. I pulled Harley off of Joker who was a bloody mess. She started panting before she stared at me.

"I couldn't let 'im kill you. I only joined the creep cuz I thought I could get 'im to let you go." She said before kissing me on the lips. Both of us were in blood stained clothes, and you can only imagine how badass it feels to kiss some guy's ex girlfriend over his unconscious body right after she broke up with him. She let go of the kiss and looked at me before looking at Joker. "I guess I'll take 'im off while you two get away. Hell, we wouldn't have to worry about the bomb in the first place if I didn't go with him." She said before kicking his body off the chopper. I looked at Caitlin who was a mix of angry and sad.

"So we should get going." I said pointing at the control panel.

"Yeah. We should." Cait said sounding like she was holding back some tears. I tried my best to get the helicopter going and I eventually did. As we started to get flying my eyes widened as I saw a cop car about to make a direct hit. Shit. I quickly looked over to a scared shitless Caitlin and grabbed onto her. I tried my best to make it so the car at least phased through us and closed my eyes tight afraid of the results.

After a few seconds I wasn't burning alive. I loosened up and felt myself crash and roll onto the concrete. Hurt like hell but we lived.

"I didn't think that would work..." I said to Caitlin.

"It didn't." Someone else said. I opened my eyes to see tHE FLASH STANDING OVER US!?

"OH GOD DAMMIT! WHY CAN'T ANY OF YOU DIE!?" I said before screaming.

"That's no way to talk to the guy who just saved your life." He said.

"SUCK A COCK!" I shouted.

"Hey if it wasn't for me you'd be dead right now!" Flash said.

"Oh yeah!? And how could you be sure about that!?" I said.

"Because I just came back from the future." Flash said. My eyes widened. Holy shit I almost died. "You died saving Killer Frost from the initial impact. She was still badly damaged but she survived because you took the brunt of the attack." He began to explain. That's when Caitlin tackled me to the ground and started making out with me.

"I almost lost you!" She said with tears in her eyes before kissing me again.

"Ahem!" Flash said. "As I was saying, she survived and then pleaded with the League to find some way to bring you back to life. So she made a deal with us, and they sent me back to rescue you with a video message from Batman to let the rest of The League know what was going on."

"And it's a good thing, too. Because if he didn't show me, you'd still be dead right now." Someone else said. We watched Superman fly down next to us. "I had to throw Flash into the helicopter to grab you two as quickly as he could."

"What about the dirty bomb?" Caitlin asked.

"Batman's taking care of it as we speak. Just like he did in the original timeline." Flash said. Caitlin held onto me and hugged me.

"I'm just glad you're okay." Caitlin said. I hugged her back before I realized something. I pushed her away for a second and looked at The Flash and Superman.

"Wait... what could Cait possibly offer you that made you save me?.... Oh no."

"Well, (Y,N)-"

"Nononono-"

"And Caitlin-"

"No! NO! NONONONONO-"

"Welcome-"

"NO! GOD DAMMIT NO!"

"To The Justice League."

"FUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK!"