Issues #40: Moving On

"Hey, (Y,N)? Are you in here? Oliver said he saw you go in here last night." Barbara said as she opened the door to the janitor's closet. I was sitting on the floor pinned up next to a bunch of chemicals.

"Who the hell is Oliver?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah, you don't know everyone's name yet. Oliver's the Green Arrow."

"The dork with the arrows?"

"How're you holding up?"

"What do you mean? What you think this thing with Frost phases me? Y'know, statistically speaking; relationships at my age almost never work out. High school relationships are bullshit. Even if I didn't meet her in high school and I dropped out two years ago and I should actually be in college right now and-"

"You keep calling her Frost." Barbara said. I raised an eyebrow as I got up.

"Yeah? What about it?"

"Well, haven't you been calling her Caitlin or Cait or Snowflake since you guys got out of the Suicide Squad?"

"Since before then actually but whatever." I said. "Look, if you're just gonna talk to me about Frost all day then I'm gonna go back to dozing off for a few minutes before a drop of water wakes me up. Seriously, we're on a freaking space station yet this is the best closet billionaire Bruce Wayne and millionaire Oliver Queen can afford? I'm sure you've got someone else rich and famous on this Flying heap, too."

"Actually, I thought that maybe we could go get you some more clothes. You seem to only have the one set and the trench coat and I don't think you'd want Kara to keep picking out your outfits after she made you wear a flash shirt. I'd pay of course, as a sorry for bringing you down to Gotham for the whole mess to start in the first place."

"... Well, let's get a move on then." I said walking out of the closet with my hands on my pocket.

"Do you do that every time you're mad?"

"One, who says I'm mad and two, do what?"

"Hastily walk away from the conversation that got you upset."

"I don't-

. . .

"Whatever. What's done is done. Let's just try to get out of here. We'll talk about it later, Frost." I said before shoving my hands in my pockets and speed walking away. I was down the hall before I realized Frost was still standing at the door.

. . .

"...I need a drink." I said.

"What're you? Me?" I heard a familiar voice say. I looked over and saw Canary leaning against a wall.

"Hey, so-"

"Don't worry about it. I know you were just doing it as a distraction for Livewire. Without it, she wouldn't be back in Arkham. It was a one time thing and it was for the mission, nothing more, nothing less." I felt myself loosen up a little in relief.

"Well at least someone else gets it." I said.

"So I'm gonna be heading out for a while. Gotta deal with a thing involving Damien Dhark."

"Who?"

"Exactly. By the time I'll be back you'll be gone. Meanwhile, I'm gonna have to deal with icy glares for god knows how long."