There was something off with Liam today; Vivian knows it. Then again, she never really understand what and how Liam is thinking. His words are straightforward, truthful...but his mind is somehow still difficult to understand.

Vivian took a few blinks, replaying his words over and over. Again and again, before she responded, "I would love to go on a date with you."

With their second trail date, she decided to together. Vivian trusted Liam, but the flashback of pitiful eyes are the restaurants still haunts her.

Tonight, Liam reserved the restaurant.

Vivian's fingers ran down the perfectly curved dress, and she gave it a spin. Tilting her butt in the air, she pats it slightly. "I mean, it's not bad," she told myself, "Plus, who doesn't love pancakes?"

She needed all the self-encouragment she can get.

Heading down the hallway, she shook off the ominous feeling. Ever since Liam asked her out on a date; she couldn't brush off the fact that something was actually bothering her.

A hand on her chest, she gave it a few pats before cautiously stepping downstairs. At the end of the steps, there he stood in his usual graceful self. Liam had always been handsome; always. But there was something about him tonight.

She noticed how there was a bundle of fresh flowers in his hands; his eyes casting downward towards the tiles. His lips were moving; as if reciting something but she couldn't hear.

Is it possible?

He may propose to me again as a way of starting over?

She sneaked behind him, listening in on the words.

"Vivian...I'm happy that you are giving our relationship another chance."

She smiled widely at his words, "Are you really?" She whispered into his ear, causing him to whip around.

Liam cleared his throat and straighten himself out before he handed her the flowers. "For you."

Vivian took it, taking a whiff of the sweet scent. Her eyes lingered towards his left hand, noticing the ring was no longer present. She didn't think much of it.

That night, they went to a restaurant at the very top of the skyscraper. There wasn't a single soul, just them and a candle.

She held her hands over her mouth when the sweet sound of piano rushed into the air. It was a grande white molded in the center of the room; all shiny and polished. The sound it created was beautiful, tear-jerking.

They made small talk the whole time from their families.

"I decided to go visit my family for New Years. Would you like to come with me?" Vivian asked.

Liam smiled, "That would be nice." Somehow the response didn't feel fulfilling.

Next, they would talk about friends.

"Mauricio went back to India to visit some relatives."

Vivian swallowed the delicate piece of meat. "Oh, maybe he will see Amoli."

Then, they would talk about whatever appeared.

"I talk to Marisa's parents...I mean Kemena. They said they would send photos of her to me, and if I want I can go visit her." She smiled recalling the discussion. "They're really nice."

"Kemena will grow up to be a good woman," Liam comment.

And after dinner, Liam led her into the elevator and up. Upon reaching a dark room, Vivian noticed there was a blanket in the center along with strings of lights around; enough to allow one to walk without tripping but not so much that it serves as a distraction.