Chapter 52: Breaking Point

I walked out of the main building, ready to leave this place once and for all.
And when I do, I'm certainly never coming back.

But I could think of my future later, right now I was just staring down at the mint that Nick gave to me as well as another cat sticker saying "Purr-fection!"

I couldn't help but scoff at it, knowing how cheesy it was. I wouldn't trade it for anything else.
I was going to start heading down the steps, but someone at the corner of my eye caught my attention. He was leaning on the wall at the side of the doors while wearing sunglasses with his infamous hoodie on.

Man, I can't believe he became a drug dealer that fast...

I accidentally stared for too long, making eye contact with him.

"Hey,"

"...Hey," I replied, looking away from him.

"So you've...finally been expelled," Calvin looked down at my normal clothes and luggage I was carrying.

He's trying to make conversation with me now?! It's like talking to a stranger...

It's weird, really. How someone you can be so close with can become someone you don't even know in a matter of seconds.

"Yeah," I sighed, "Finally..."

We both paused, each one of us wanting to say something, but not finding the courage to do so.

"I see you got parting gifts," He signaled over to the sticker and mint in my hand.

"Oh!" I quickly put them away in my back pocket, "Y-yeah...you won't be seeing me anymore after this..."

I couldn't stand the silence that kept falling between us. It's almost like we both knew what we'd trying to tell each other in our heads, but it just couldn't possibly manage to be vocalized.

He instead took off his sunglasses, putting it in the pocket of his hoodie.

"Then I guess I should give you a parting gift too..." He started approaching me.

I looked down at the ground, not being able to look at his chocolate brown eyes. Those large eyes that I knew would hurt so much to look at now.

"You don't need to, you-" I held onto the handle of my luggage, ready to leave him behind before I broke down.

Instead, he already approached me, holding the back of my head.

"Just let me do this for you," He whispered, making me freeze, being absolutely stunned.

He gently placed his lips against my jawline, making me burn up with anger and astonishment.

"Don't do this..." Was all I could mumble out, knowing he was going to make me do things I didn't want to do...feel things I didn't want to feel...

"I did wait for you...I waited for so long...She kissed me..." He admitted, kissing his way towards my lips, but I opened up my mouth, stopping him from continuing.