Chapter 48: I Love You

"Marcie!" I turned my head towards Calvin who was trying to catch up with me in the hallway.

I stopped watching as he caught up beside me, eagerly trying to tell me something.

"I found something, something about one of  your doctors...from when you were a kid..." He took out an envelope-looking thing from his back pocket.

I stared blankly at it, not sure of what to say.

"What...? How'd you-"

He shrugged, smirking, "You know I have my ways..."

I gave him an annoyed glare as we weren't supposed to keep secrets from each other anymore, making him give in.

"Okay...Felicity and I researched and she surprisingly was a huge help in finding your medical history to track him down. Good news is-"

The bell rang, and I knew I was late for class.

"Shit, I gotta go," I started backing from him as my next class was Mr. Parker's. And he's been very strict with me lately, but that's just because he's my tutor.

Calvin sighed shoving the envelope in front of me, "Wait don't you wanna-"

I swiped it away from his hands quickly, "I'll read it later! Thanks, Calvin!"

"You'll call me later?!"

"Mhm, bye!" I rushed down the hallway.

I haven't been paying much attention to him lately. Or Carly for that matter. I've just been back in business with studying, and it feels kind of good to be back.

When I got into class, all the girls were crowding around Nick again. But I don't pay attention to them, instead, I noticed Carly looking weirdly depressed. I sat next to her as I always do and she didn't even look up at me, making me speak up.

"Hey Carls, you good?"

"Wow, are you actually talking to me?!" She sarcastically scoffed.

Talking back by her sudden attitude towards me, I was trying to think of how to reply to that, but I heard my name instead.

"Winters!"

I looked over towards the voice, Nick staring at me with wide eyes as he mouthed the words, "Help me."

I sighed, getting up from my desk to go help him out with shooing away the girls. Carly and Calvin still in the back of my mind.

____________________________

"You okay?" Nick asked me, erasing the board from his last class after school.

I sat at the front desk, tapping the pencil on it as this song came on.

Nick had a great love for old people music.
He would always play it while I was studying, but today I was tuning it out. Tuning everything out.

"No..." I pouted.

He mocked my pouting, tilting his head to the side.