Chapter 16: Secret Admirer

"You...WHAT??!!!!" Carly's hazel eyes went wider than I've ever seen them, it almost made me laugh.
But I didn't...because I knew I was in huge trouble.

I shrugged at her, still as flabbergasted as she was with what happened last night.

"Is that...weird?" I asked, my voice small as I was unsure of my decision. Then again, when am I ever sure of anything?

Don't answer that.

"Hold on let me think...yes!! Marcie, are you okay?! Felicity didn't mess up your brain or anything, right?!" She asked frantically, like she actually thought those things.

I just rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"No...I guess I'm just as surprised as you are," I laughed nervously.

"Surprised is an understatement," She narrowed her eyes at me while grabbing my head and knocking on it, "Are you sure Marcie's in there?? Are you being mind-controlled?!" She grabbed my cheeks and squished them.

I glared at her, squishy-faced and all, then swiped her hands down from my face.

"Yes, I'm here. And I need your help," I sighed, wondering if this really was the best idea.

She raised an eyebrow at me while crossing her arms.

"My help? Hey, I don't know if you know this, but I'm not the best person to go for 'dating advice.' If I'm being honest, I'm the worst person for that junk," She scoffed.

"Yeah, but, your my friend...and I need your help. You know Calvin better than I do, I know you can do this," I pouted a bit, making my eyes big (a trick I learned from Carly herself) and tugged onto her oversized t-shirt, "...Please?" I begged.

Was I really going to risk losing my dignity over this??

...Oh, screw it...

Carly sighed, rubbing her eyes a bit to clear out her head. She looked back up at me, looking like she was in a deep debate, then gave in.

"Go get your hoodie on," She sighed, smirking a bit.

"Yes!" I cheered, hopping up from the bed I was sitting on to go hug her, "Thank you," I muffled into her shoulder.

She pat my back, "Yeah, yeah...I'm a great friend,"

• • •

"Uh...Carly, I think I'm getting weird looks in here..." I whispered over to Carly, tugging on her shirt as she was looking through a bunch of clothes in a rack.

"Shhh, no you're not. That's just you're anxiety, have you never gone shopping before?"

I looked at the ground with a pout. The only time I went clothes shopping when I was younger...and I was basically forced to go. I'm not a fan of shopping, I mean, buying things for myself in general isn't really my cup of tea. But I guess I still have a little tomboy in me at heart.

"To be honest...I haven't gone shopping since I was fifteen..." I blushed a little, embarrassed to admit that.

Carly gasped, a little too loud if you ask me.