Chapter 27: Supernatural

I stayed frozen in shock.

Do I play dumb? Wait, no! She knows what's going on I can't play dumb now!

"And what's that?" I replied, trying hard not to stutter as my eyes glanced towards the key on my desk.

She then backed away, straightening herself up.

And then...

She just giggled.

"Calvin! I know you like him more than just a friend," She winked at me.

In shock, I just continue to be a confused statue.

...She has issues...

"Uh-huh...you got me..." I laughed awkwardly, unlocking the door as I stepped away.

"I knew it! I knew you two had a thing for each other! And I'm certain he feels the same way!" She said happily.

"Haha, yep! That's great!" I tried hard not to sound sarcastic.

"I could help you guys get together if you want! Calvin and I are close, so I've heard about the way he talks about you. This is like straight out of a John Green novel!" She went on and on.

"Mhm..." I nodded along quickly grabbing the key from my desk and stuffing it in my pocket as she continued.

That was close.

"Ah, you know what?! I think I'll just tell him myself it's fine, really!"

"Are you sure? 'Cause I'm really good at getting people together, I'm basically cupid-"

"No, no, it's fine!" I quickly disregarded her, opening the door to escape again.

"I gotta go do my thing...you know...so..." I quickly closed the door.

I realized I might have been a bit too rude, I mean all she wanted to do was help...in her own Felicity-way. So I quickly re-opened the door, sticking my head inside just to say a quick "bye," and then close the door again.

Real smooth, Winters.

I sighed and leaned against the door, clutching my key in hand as I sank a bit. I stared down at it once again.

What exactly is this?

And then I noticed it again.

From the corner of my eye. The same exact butterfly that flew in my room from before. This time, I would make sure nothing would get in my way.

I put the key back up in my pocket and started following it. I followed it down the stairs, trying to catch up with it as it went down the many hallways of the dorms.

I've got to start finding better things to do...

It finally led me to the girl's bathrooms, making me question if this butterfly was actually worth following. I wasn't completely sure where the butterfly even went to until I saw that it had gently landed against one of the foggy mirrors. I approached it carefully, trying to make sure I wouldn't scare it off. But it just stayed there. That's when I noticed the words written on the foggy mirror that read out, "Hello."