Chapter 8: The Invitation

"Marcie!!" I saw Calvin rush after me as I walked down the hallway trying to locate my locker.

I looked over at him with a confused expression as he put his hand on my shoulder, catching his breath a bit.

"I gotta tell you something," He looked at me with wide eyes.

Just as I was about to listen, another annoyingly familiar voice was also calling after me.

"Marceline!" The Felicity-girl smiled over to me as she approached me with two pieces of paper in her hand. I could feel my teeth grit a bit. I don't have a problem with people saying my full first name, but when she says it, I wanna throw her across a room.

Calvin gave an aggravated glare to the girl for once again intervening his attempt to talk to me.
But what could possibly be so important for him to be this eager about it?

"I have a letter for you," She handed a little envelope over to me and I took it into one of my hands, analyzing it as I looked back up at her as if to receive more context.

I noticed she had an identical envelope to mine that was already opened, and her eyes caught onto Calvin, who seemed a little uncomfortable by her.

"I don't think we've met properly yet," She took her hand out for him to shake, "I'm Felicity O-"

"Ortiz...I know," Calvin replied, shaking her hand then wiping his hand off on his jeans.

She smiled at him and all I could do was try not to vomit right at the spot.

I had to escape this.

As she started getting into a conversation with Calvin, I gradually started backing away. And eventually, escaping from this girl.

Sorry, Calvin. You would do the same...

I smiled to myself a bit as I couldn't believe that actually worked. I remembered about the letter in my hand and I took back out in front of me as I continued walking down the hallway.

I slowly started opening it up, the first thing I saw was my name in print.

Marceline Winters,

Before I could go any farther with that, the paper was taken straight out of my hands, making me stop in my tracks and look back up in shock.

My eyes hardened at the person who smugly held the paper above me.

"You shouldn't read while walking, it's dangerous," Nick smirked at me, dangling the paper as I watched him with narrow eyes, wondering what the hell he wanted and why I'm always his target.

"And you shouldn't take things without other people's permission!" I snapped, trying to reach for the paper.

However, he held it above his head, making it physically impossible for me to reach.

Bully...

"Hold on, I have to see what must be so incredibly important for your safety to be risked..." He smirked, looking down at the letter.