Chapter 38: Happy Birthday

As Carly and I were walking back from getting a smoothie, she stopped me, almost looking like she was choking on her smoothie.

"Woah, you good?" I asked, lifting an eyebrow as she dropped her smoothie.

"I totally forgot!" Her eyes got wide as she put her hands on my shoulders.

I tilted my head to the side in confusion, "Forgot...what...?" I had a bad feeling about this.

"We gotta go now!" She started tugging on my hand trying to drag me towards the school faster.

"Carly, wait-" I tried stopping, referring to the smoothie I had. I didn't want to get a brain-freeze! My head's messed up as it is...

She then, out of nowhere, smacked my smoothie out of my hand and to the ground.

"No time to explain, we gotta hurry!" She started to dash towards Beckwith with me, leaving me more confused.

We got to the main building and she let go of my hand but making sure I was still following her. We went up the stairs and she was looking eagerly around the hallway.

"Carly, what's going on? Are-"

She stopped me, putting a finger over my mouth, "Shhh! Act natural,"

She then laced her fingers into mine and pulled open the door into the biology lab, which was pitch black.

Now I know how Felicity felt...

She then closed the door and flicked on the light.

"She's here!" She raised my hand up with hers.

My eyes got wide at the room I was now in. Maybe it was the fact that people were in it, or the fact there were decorations everywhere or the fact that Carly's aunt came up to me with a cake that read: "Happy Birthday Smart-ass!"

My mouth hung open at everything surrounding me. I found Calvin and Felicity smiling widely at me from behind and Carly back hugging me happily.
I remained silent, absolutely taken back by everything that was happening, my eyebrows knitted together as I was still trying to comprehend what was going on.

Did they just...? No...

"Marcie, why such a serious face?" Carly raised an eyebrow at me, still hugging the crap out of me.

"I..." Was the only thing I could get out.
I was speechless.

Carly slowly let go of me, going beside her aunt as Calvin walked up to me. Felicity still leaned up against the wall as she watched from afar.
Calvin grabbed the small of my back, kissing me gently on the cheek while whispering, "Happy Birthday," and handing me a small neatly wrapped box.

He then walked off, my cheeks flushing red as too many things were happening at once my mind just flat out gave up on itself.

"Relax, Marcie! You're acting like you saw a ghost! It's just a birthday party!" Carly pinched my cheek.

Funny you said that...