LXIV. Words aren't Tangible

Start from the beginning

"No, you will not be intruding."

"And since our agreement is almost up. I can do whatever I please as long as I pay rent?"

He looks at Mauricio; my irritation was seeking its peak.

"Yes, you are a strong independent black woman."

I banged a hand on the table, causing them all to leap. "Are you a man or are you his husband?" I glared at Liam, "Why do you keep on staring at him for permission?"

His eyes started wandering towards Mauricio.

I slammed my hand once more. "Don't look at him! Look at me! I'm here! Not over there!"

He stared at me with enlarged eyes.

"And you!" I screamed at Mauricio, "What are you teaching him? Strong independent black woman? The fuck? Are you teaching him to offend people? Are you the reason why Liam offend people without knowing?"

Mauricio pondered on my questions, "I might be the reason."

"You...Don't tell me you're the one who taught him the chocolate teddy bear."

Mauricio laughed, "No. That was Vincent, but I wished I came up with it."

I shot him the nastiest look I can muster up.

"I'm going to the other room," Mauricio said. No one responds, and he grabbed his plate leaving the room.

I crossed my arms, a single foot tapping endlessly, "Do you want me to stay here?" I cleared my throat, "With you...you know...together? Not because I need protection, but it does get lonely. Plus, it's convenient since we work together; so commuting saves gas. And when you're tired, I can drive." Once I started, I couldn't stop talking. Everything sounded like an excuse.

"Living together...as equal roommates does sound convenient for both of us."

I smiled and continued consuming my food. That was it, I'm staying with him because it's convenient.

I didn't want to be back, but upon returning into the office life. Becca called Liam and me once more. Only this time, she was persistent. "Are you two sure you guys aren't an item once more?"

She winked at Liam.

I turned my body towards him, "Liam!"

"What?"

"Tell her, we aren't together," I hissed through my molars.

"But, we are together." His mouth cracked open behind the mask. "We are all...together...inside this room."

I wish I can say he was joking, but I'm confident he wasn't. "She's talking relationship, Liam! Our relations to each other!"

"You two aren't really together?" Becca pointed a pen back and forth between us. It was the nicest pen I've ever seen, and there was a part of me that wants to steal it like I did with the company pen. Mila taught that to me. I don't know what I was going to do with the extra dozen pen, but it felt good being rebellious once in a while.

I nodded, "We really aren't!"

I swear I had this conversation a dozen times with so many people. It felt like my words entering one ear and exiting the other.

Becca looked at Liam, "Why not?"

"She doesn't like me."

"I don't know whether or not I like you yet. I might like you." I puffed my cheeks and folded my arms. "Geez. We talked about trying our best to not shove words into each other throats."

"That's an impossible thing to do. Words aren't tangible."

Since I found out about Liam true nature, I realized that all these comments aren't meant to be sarcastic. They're his real thoughts. It doesn't make it any less annoying, though.

I held my hands in the air, mentally pretending to strangle him. The edge of Liam's lip twerked up momentarily.

"You two disgust me. Get out." Becca waved us away.

"See what you did!" I whispered, screamed at him. Ever since the incident at Gianni's house. The interaction between Liam and I got easier. We started talking a lot more, to ensure, to clarify.

The days continued passing, and the time for the fashion show arrived. I walk back and forth, from model to model. My fingers drifted inside the tightly fitted dress, and I air it out.

It felt like I had been running around all day, without a chance to breathe. If it weren't one problem, then it's another.

"Ms.Blanc, which hairpin?" A young intern asked. The hairpin from earlier broke, so they had to find substitutes. I look down at the five pieces of hairpin, and the sweats dropped.

I manage the business aspect! Why do people keep asking me these questions? Stupid Vivian! You're in the fucking fashion industry.

I want to throw up.

I look around for Mila, Earl, and Liam. I was even desperate enough for Claire's opinion. I doubt I'll find Claire, particularly with her comment earlier, "I'm going to make sure Ms.Baker is in a good mood before the show start."

I peek out from the curtain to the stage to see Becca's seat empty. "Bitch," I mumbled underneath my breath.

I shook my head and return to the hectic scene. People were running around, equally stressed, and seemingly depressed. I spotted a familiar man and smiled, "Liam! Lia-" I stopped calling his name when I noticed he was surrounded by gorgeous models.

Liam was concentrated on fixing one of the model dress. It doesn't take a genius to understand what the model was thinking with her rose blush. The color drifted towards her dimples, and a scoffed exited.

I curled my hands in front of my chest; tapping the clipboard against my waist as I made my way towards them.

"Is there a lack of designers here girls? That you all have to surround my assistant who is supposed to be talking to the audio and video technical staff to ensure everything is running smoothly?" I send them all equally nasty glares, particularly towards the man who was on his knees at the model waist.

Liam looked up and tilted his head.

"Do you all think there is time for one man to fix your clothes? We go at ten!"