Chapter 49

"Siren Tium and Cobb Porta-pourt, because their magic is useful, these two will also be participating! And one last person..." I looks up as footsteps near the stage, my eyes widening at the stage.

"This man, Nozelle Silva!" Mereoleona announces, he glances at me before looking away.

I shouldn't be surprised, with his power he could easily have gotten in, wait is he the person that recommended me?

I think back when Marx told me to skip the entire exam because I've been recommended by someone. I shake my head.

Why would he recommend me anyway, it had to be someone else.

I quickly snap out of my thoughts when Mereoleona starts yelling at us.

"YOU FOOLS! YOU'RE DRAGGING THE NAMES OF THE ROYAL KNIGHTS THROUGH MUD! THINK NOTHING BUT VICTORY! DO ANYTHING BUT THAT AND I'LL KILL KILL ALL YOU FUCKING SHITHEADS BEFORE WE EVEN HEAD TO THE ENEMY FORTRESS!" Everyone shrieks in horror and backs up away from the stage.

"The Eye of the Midnight Sun's hideout is in the middle of a powerful magic zone; The Gravity Stone Belt's Floating Dungeon." Mereoleona explains as Cobb makes a portal to the hideout, we all step through and look around, mist covers the entire ground and up in the air, is a big lump of rock with house looking shapes carved on the sides. I hear chatter behind me as I look around the landscape, I look back at my palms, white symbols of suns cover my skin.

At least I have enough mana, no I will have enough mana. I need to protect everyone afterall.

"Rock Creation Magic: The World Speaks Through a Rock Model." Someone says behind me, I turn around and look at the advanced magic before me.

"I see, no matter where you enter from, it's about as easy as invading an ant nest. Looks like a strong magical being's in the big center room, he's probably the boss." Mereoleon states looking at the map of the lump of rock in the sky.

"We'll split into five teams and rush in, the space mage will be here on standby." Mereoleon explains.

"As long as I'm with someone other than this dumbass brat, I'm alright with anything." Zora says as he narrows his eyes to Asta.

"WHHHAAT?! THAT'S MY LINE, YOU MASKED BASTARD!" Asta yells out.

"I mean, guys like you would never team up with anyone, right? So it'd be all right if I teamed up with someone else." Asta tries to explain.

"Whatever you say is useless, you fucking brat." Zora snaps back.

"You two troublemakers are coming with me." Mereoleona hollers as fiery paws grasp their heads.

They're more likely to die from Mereoleona than The Eye of the Midnight Sun.

"Let's go! This is our strategy." Mereoleona yells, everyone gathers around to hear her.

"The strategy is this, your magic has its own particular attributes so...! Go nuts, cause as much chaos as you can. While you do that, we'll head for the center room. Each of you,

Do whatever you want however you please, as long as you don't lose, it doesn't matter what you need to do!"

"Now go!" We all split, going wherever we feel like hitting.

Ah freedom, these bastards will get a taste of my fist, trying to kidnap my family, get ready for revenge.

I fly up with my magic and cut the wall, it bursts open into a hallway. Many mages stand there, ready to fight me.

I guess no one came with me, that's better for me though, then no one will get hurt other then them.

"I WILL TAKE THE LEADERS HEAD." I yell as I flip open my grimoire, they all start flaring attacks towards me, I charge forwards, dodging each of them as I cast a spell.

"Heavenly Sky Magic: God's Breath!" A wave of chilly air washes over the hall, it freezes all the mages. (I was thinking of changing Heavenly Sky Magic to Holy Magic or Heavenly Magic, what do you guys think?)

"Ahhhhh! So cold! Are we here alreadwy?" I weary voice asks.

"Yes we are, Revel wake up, time to get serious for once." I say as he rubs his eyes, he stares at me for a minute before lighting up.

"This magic! You're close (Y/n), so close to becoming God!" Revel exclaims.

"I am....?" I ask him.

"Although, it means that the fate of the current God is near...." Revel says silently.

"What does that mean?" I ask as we continue walking with Revel sitting on my shoulder.

"It means that the currently God will soon perish, even though being an immortal being, he will one day disappear, in basic terms, his mortal body will die and his spirit will seep back into the earth." Revel explains.

"So just, dying." I say as I stop at another bunch of mages.

"Heavenly Sky Magic: Moon Waltz." A sends a flare of wind and it cuts all of them down, blood sprays on the walls. I keep walking and light fills my vision as I step into an open room, sliver liquid floats around, the moves revealing the man controlling it.

"Ah, it's you." Nozelle says as he sees me.

"I could say the same." I say as I look around.

There are signs that there were traps here, I guess he deactivated them all.

Wait, what is this sound....a heartbeat?! Whose?!

My chest tightens, as my mind flares up in heat. I kneel down as I clutch my chest.

It's my heart beat, it's decreasing....why?!

Nozelle rushes over and bends down.

"What are you doing?!" He scolds me as he tries to lift me up.

The heat on my forehead increases as his voice becomes a deafening echo.

"S-stop!" I whimper as I push him, I fall back on the floor.

What's happening...?

"Ahhhhhh!" I scream as my back arch from heat on my back.

My body....it's like it's on fire....it's hurts....

"Oi! Get..............gether......!" Nozelle's voice still rings inside my head.

"(Y/..........)!" Revel voices deafens me too.

Images flash through my eyes.

Images of his life.

A certain elf.

Two fated lucky grimoires.

Ideals of co-existence.

And the final image of betrayal.

One more flashes through me, the Magic Emperor is dead.

I see now, he was the God that over saw his kingdom.

"Bend the wills of fate with your own hands."