Chapter 45

"I am the KING! THE KING!! THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN THIS COUNTRY!! Look! LOOK AT THIS SUBLIME MANA, WHICH HAS BEEN PASSED DOWN FOR GENERATIONS! MY THOUGHTS! MY LOOKS! EVERYTHING ABOUT ME IS CORRECT! I AM GREATER THAN AN MAGIC EMPEROR!" The King barks in order for some praise.

I wish the Magic Emperor was the King...

I look back the audience, they were probably thinking the same thing as I was. The King looks down in beads of sweat, as if he's ready to really snap.

"Your majesty, please calm down. Be calm."Julius advises him, calmly.

"Ahem! Citizens, I have an announcement to make. The Hideout of the Eye of the Midnight SUn has been located!"The King announces.

That was fast!

I look up with my full attention as the crows 'awed' and 'oohed'.

"Until now, we have been subjected to many of their attacks, and they held the intiative in every battle. However, this time things are different! We're launching a full on attack on the enemy at last! To that end, I have decided to gather an even more select group from among the Magic Knights and form the ultimate hand-picked unit!! They will be called...

The Royal Knights!"

"One week from now, a test will be held for all Magic Knights, only those who past this test will be allowed to join the Royal Knights, and 

My Royal Knights will annihilate the Eye of the Midnight Sun! Magic Knights, offer up your grimoire in service to this country!"

The audience cheers even louder.

"Why is the king doing all the choosing?"

I look beside me in shock as Asta blurts out those words.

"The ones we think are awesome are the Magic Emperor and the Magic Knight Captains, not the king."

And he dares to CONTINUE?!

I was about to blow it when Asta suddenly turns to Yuno and I.

"I've never heard of the King doing anything big before now. Not even once. What about you guys?" Asta asks.

"O-oi! This isn't the time to-"I start before Yuno cuts me off with a reply.

"No." Yuno answers.

"That means he hasn't done one good thing for the people, even though he's got all that mana, right?" Asta asks again.

"Hey! This is the King we're tal-"I start again.

"I guess it does." Yuno replies to Asta's inquiry.

These jerks....

"I don't have magic so I don't really know, but that King is kinda..it's like he's got no aura, or he seems kinda petty, or..."Asta continues as he thinks thoughtfully, I elbow Yuno's arm from the side and give him a side glare that says, 'You better shut him up, or this is going to be a bloodbath'. He stares at me with a blank expression before looking back at Asta.

"Hey Asta. Read the mood, would you? This is no time to be telling the truth." Yuno states.

"Huh? Wait, so I'm right?" Asta thinks again. Jack snickers on the balcony before commenting.

"This is classic!" He snickers. The King stands with shock before pointing at finger at us.

"EXECUTE THEM! EXECUTE THAT REVOLTING TRIO IMMEDIATELY!!"He barks at us.