Chapter 42

A fated reunion.

"Fana?"

It took a minute.

For it to sink in.

"FANA!"

In an instant Mars was headed straight towards her, Asta jumps up and pulls him back.

"Woah, woah, woah! Hang on, wait up! You're gonna die man! Is that the kind of Character you are?!" Asta yells as Mars struggles to get out of Asta's arms.

"It's me! Fana! It's me! Don't you recognize me?!" Mars yells, Fana pauses before her expression deepens in anger.

"Not you, I don't know you!!!" She growls back as the dragon lets out another fire ball.

"Heavenly Sky Magic: Sky on Water Reflection!" I cast my spell and it doesn't reflect back, but instead blocks the hit.

"Fana?!" Zell yells aloud in realization.

"You mean that  Fana?" He exclaims.

"I'd heard she died in one of Morris's human experiments after I defected." Zell continues, squinting his eyes to get a better look at Fana.

"True, now that I'm looking, she does look just like Fana! Transformation magic? No, there'd be no point to do that." Zell murmurs, getting lost into his thoughts. Fana growls again as she clutches the side of her face as I study her movements.

That eye! It's emitting a strange power, is it someone's spell?  Is that group, The Eye of the Midnight Sun  controlling Fana with that eye?!

"Ghhkk! What is this?! My head is...." Fana hisses as sweat rolls down the side of her face.

"Why does everyone get in my way?!Argh! I hate you, everything should just, DISAPPEAR!!" A blast of fire surrounds her and engulfs her into a sphere.

"Gah! More self-destruct magic?! What's up with that? Does everyone of these people come with that option?!" Finral shudders.

"Not good! In a few minutes, this entire area's going to get blown away!" Vanessa yells. Fana lifts up into the air as the ball of fire enlarges.

This is seriously no joke.

Smaller fire balls start to break off and charge towards us. I make another shield and protect the all of us, except...

Why the hell is he running towards it?!

I spot Mars heading head first against the fire ball, it explodes against his body, the smoke clears and Mars was burned from head to toe.

"Mars! Don't! Block it with magic!" Zell yells from behind him. Mars doesn't reply, he takes a breath.

"Teacher...I have no right to block it! I killed Fana! I can't...!" I walk straight up to him and smack his face with the back of my hand.

"What the hell do you mean you have no right! Do you need someone else's permission to have the right to live?! Wake up you idiot! You said you killed her right?! Well you did a pretty sloppy job doing it! She's standing right there, alive and crazy as! So get your ass in there and bring her back to how she was!"I boom as I point towards the raging Fana. His eyes widen at my words.