Chapter 8

"Nick, let's go home." A little says to Nick on the cliff where the chief was buried.

"But, Grandpa..."He starts. I go up to him.

"Miss Magic Knight." Nick says looking at me with glazed tear stained eyes.

"The villagers told me, about your grandfather, they said he was the only one who stood up to those guys. Your grandfather was awesome!"I try to lighten the mood.

"A few days ago, grandpa told me something. He looked really happy.He said he'd beaten some Magic Knights. Just at gambling, but still. He never took the test, but grandpa would've loved to have become a Magic Knight, and he always regretted it. He said he should've worked harder when he was young. Could I....I'm a peasant, but do you think I could get into the Magic Knights?!" He turns to face me and waits for my answer, like his life depended on it.

"Of course, I'm a peasant. But you're gonna have to work your butt off though because by the time you get into the Magic Knights, I'll be working hard and training even harder to become the Magic Emperor, I'll be waiting for you Nick!" I exclaimed while bending down on my knees and holding his shoulders.

"Thank you!" He says, as he wipes his tears and smiles.

"Big Sister, your really pretty!"

"Aw, thanks!" I giggled.I hear foot steps approaching from behind me.Nick comes closer and whisper in my ear.

"And against the other big sisters you can beat them with your chest too."He laughs and runs off.

WHY KIDS THESE DAYS.C'MON I KNOW I HAVE A HUGE RACK, BUT NO ONE, NO ONE HAS EVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT IT, HOW DARE HE.

A hand lands on my shoulder.

"(Y/n)." A deadly voice calls my name as I shudder, and start sweating.I turn my head robotically to meet dark golden eyes.

"Y-Yuno."I stutter. I quickly turn to Nick.

"NICK! RUN!"I scream at him, as Yuno approaches him.

"I heard what you said."Yuno growls at Nick.

Curse this over protective bastard!

----

We arrive back at the Crimson Lions Base and Leopold and I bid each other good bye after today. On the way to my room I run into the Captain.

"Good job out there for your first mission, I heard from Leo, and you also earned us a star for your first."He says looking down to meet your eyes.

"Thanks Captain, uh about earlier this morning, I want to know how it's going with the court." 

"It's fine, forget about it, the lake will be finishing within two weeks. Relax, and by the way, here's your wages for this month."Fuegoleon hands me a bag, the coins jingled as they get handed to me.

"Uh... Thanks so much!"I bow and walk quickly past him, and turned into the hallway and opened the door to my room, I place the money on my table and collapsed onto the bed next to my clothes.

Why is my beating so fast, I mean he's my captain for god sake, dammit! This is so awkward now!

My door suddenly burst open, I sit straight up to see Leopold.

"Leopold?"

"Yo (Y/n)! Congrats on your 1st pay! Let's go to the Castle Town tomorrow and go shopping! Of course I will personally take you there!"

"Sure, I'd love to go, I want to send some nice things back home for my family, I'll also send some money too!"I exclaim thinking about all the happy faces Sister Lily and Arul will have when they receive luxury from the common realm.

"Great! Then it's a date then! We'll meet up tomorrow in the mess hall and head out for the day! Okay?"

"Sounds good!" Leopold gives me a thumbs up.

"By the way what's a da-"Before I could finish my sentence Leopold was already out of my room with a slam to the door.

"te. Nevermind, I'll ask him tomorrow." I yawn and go inside the bathroom to take a bath.

---- 

The Next Day....

"WOAHHH!!!" I exclaim as I look around at the different shops and stands.

"I haven't seen these fruits before! and tons of magic items!But they're really expensive..." I pout at the prices.

"That's okay! I'll pay for it! Because you agreed to go on a date with me!" Leopold says huffing out his chest.

"Oh yeah, I was gonna ask you last night, but you left before I could ask you, what's a date?" His eye brow started twitching.

"W-well, you see, a d-date is u-uhhh....a thing that umm... you go out and have fun some where with your friends! Yeah, you go out and have fun with your friends!"Leopold agrees with him self as he nods.

"Ok! Let's go have some fun then!"I blurt and grab his hand and run down the street, they arrive at a stand.

"Lookin delicious pops!" I say to the stand owner looking at the grilled fish.

"Care to have some?"He asks chuckling at my childishness as Leopold catches up.

"Yeah sure! How much for 2?"I ask him.

"30 yuls!" He answers, I reach for my wallet in my bag when I suddenly got handed a fish.

"Huh, I haven't paid yet..."I say taking the fish.

"I did." Leopold says taking his fish and putting his change in his bag.

"You didn't have to."I say biting into my fish.

"I said I would pay for everything right?" He consoled as we walked away from the stand

"Here, I'll pay you back." I say lifting the top of my bag, his hand lands on mine and it closes back down, I look up to see his face super close to mine.

His eyes are so pretty...

Suddenly someone comes rushing past Leopold and accidentally bumped him in the process making him fall forwards.

Wha?