Chapter 47

This books' chapter update is really inconsistent, sorry about that guys.

*****

"You see, there was this sweet old granny, all troubled on the side of the road. As a Magic Knight, I had to help her, so I was a little late!" Xerx explains as he pats Julius's shoulder casually. An irk mark appears on my forehead as I watch the scene play out in front of me.

The nerve this guy has....!

I ball a fist when Julius speaks up to his rudeness.

"I see...! Is the old lady alright?" He questions.

"Oh yes, she's doing great." Xerx replies with a small snicker. Angry yells come from the Magic Knights around me.

"Step away, you fool!" Marx barks as he reaches for Xerx with threatening magic in hand, Xerx jumps off the balcony and everyone dodges out of his landing space.

"Hey hey, what's the big idea? That was really dangerous just now, what are you doing all of a sudden?" Xerx muses as he lands.

"How dare you act so disrespectfully after being chosen!"

"What are you doing?!"

"The Magic Emperor is one of the few men our Boss respects!"

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO THE MAGIC EMPEROR?!"Asta barks freakishly as he points to Xerx.

"Everybody, please calm down." Julius ushers us. I ball a fist at the Magic Emperor's kindness.

Unforgivable, to taunt such a great person like that, the Magic Emperor, no less.

"Oh, I get it! Everyone respects the great Magic Emperor, huh..." Xerx mumbles as he rubs his neck sheepishly.

"But I don't have a shred of respect for him! Don't go pushing your values on me, small fry!" He laughs as he blurts out.

"WHY THIS JERK!" I bark out as people clear way as I march up to him, I grab him by the collar and look him dead in the eye.

"Look here, Xerx Lugner, I don't give a damn about who you respect or who you don't have respect for. But! Acting cocky like this is not a decent human being. You bastard!" I lift my fist up for a punch, he smirks and catches my fist but due to my increased strength with my magic, I thrusted us a few meters forwards, he almost hit the wall.

"It doesn't matter, little girl. Looks like we're on the same team so let's get along, yeah?"He smirks as he let's go of my hand and presents a handshake. I take it and crush it with some of my strength.

"Just because we're on the same team, doesn't mean I don't hate you, got it?!" I growl.

"Clear as crystal." He smirks as I let go of his hand. He goes to the person next to me, Asta. I look away and walk the the edge of the court. An uproar comes from where I had just been.

"I just came here to make fools out of you guys.

I hear Xerx smirk through his last words.

We'll see who is the real fool here.

I look around as everyone has confirmed their own team.

"Alright, let us go start the exam then! Cobb! If you please!" Julius looks over at a plump man, he salutes with a big smile.

"Yessah! Yessah!" He opens up a portal next to me and motions for everyone to go in. I go in with Asta as he catches up.

"WOOOAAHHH! This is the stage of the crystal destruction tournament!So huge!!!" Asta's eyes beam.