Chapter 31

We make our way down to the basement and open the door to which was the new room.

"What did you need Magic Emperor?"William asks as I try to squeeze in between Yami and Nozel.

"Hey kid, workin hard?"Yami asks.I look up to see Asta, I immediately smile.

"Uh...huh!Great work sir..."Asta replies, slightly shaken.

Something is worng...

"Those two are from the Eye of the Midnight Sun, did you learn something from them, Master Julius?"Charlotte inquires, I look further behind Asta and spot Marx and Julius standing in front of the hostages.

"Yes.Several things, thanks to Marx and Asta.I suppose this is the biggest one.I'm going to ask you again, someone here cooperated with the Eye of the Midnight Sun, what is the name of the captain who betrayed us?"Julius asks the brainwashed hostages behind him.

Gueldre......

"It's....the Captain of the Purple Orcas, Gueldre Poizot."They answer dully.

"Wha...Ridiculous! Whay are you saying?!As if I'll ever betray the Clover Kingdom!"Gueldre bursts out.Charlotte turns to him.

"I'd rather not say this, but I've heard some dark rumors about you. I assumed they were false but..."Charlotte trails off.

"I knew you were up to something sketchy...but that's just...."Even Jack was at a slight loss for words.

"Don't be an idiot!This is impossible!They're trying to frame me as a traitor!"Gueldre claims pointing at the hostages.

"They are only telling us what they know, easy peasy.Information gained from memory exchange are rarely wrong."I say to him as Nozel and Yami make way for me.

"Actually, information obtained from memory exchange is absolute."Marx counters.

"Not if the ring leaders lied."I point out.

"Alright, everyone calm down.Why not just let the guy with the bowl head look at your memories, to  see if you really are a clean ham."Yami suggests.

"Well...uh..."

"What are you embarassed? Are you a teenage boy or somethin?"Yami questions.

"THIS IS SOME SORT OF TRAP!I-I'LL CLEAR MY NAME! THIS IS A STRATEGIC RETREAT!"Gueldre shouts as he casts a spell from his grimoire.

"He's gone!?"Asta yells.

"Yesh he's gonna run for it? Stuff just got real."Yami comments.

"This is bad!His transparency magic makes him vanish for a set amount of time! And all spells with so right through him!"Charlotte yells as something clashes onto her helmet.

Invisible troops? Yea...but they're still made of magic.

"Heavenly Sky Magic:Sun's Despair Lance!"I reach out and a fiery lance appears.

I'm not getting injured so I guess it's working?!

"Asta!Go for it!"I shout to him.He senses Gueldre's ki and hits him with his sword.

"Right there!"Asta yells as his blade is swung.

"What?!"Gueldre yells in panic.

"The Magic Knight Captain we respect, would never run at a time like this!"Asta declares with a furious tone.

"Your magic hides magic power, but it can't hide ki."Yami states.

"An anti magic kid who can read ki.Looks like you found your natural enemy."Smirks Yami.