Chapter 48

"As expected of the holder of such a grimoire." Xerx narrows his eyes towards me as I glare back, he snickers and looks back at the enemy protecting the crystal.

"I had assumed that the crystal would've been broken with that reflected attack just now, but here you were, still hanging onto consciousness and defending the crystal against it's destruction, color me impressed. Though not that impressed, I mean, both the crystal and you are barely hanging on by a thread. Let's see now, I don't know what else you might have up your sleeve, so I'll have to destroy the crystal with the shortest route possible." Xerx smirks as he steps on the back of the enemy on the ground.

"Arrrggghhh! I'll never let the crystal be destroyed...by an insolent disrespectful bastard like you....!" The man cries out in angry as venom seethes through his words. Xerx slams his foot on the enemy's cheek.

"Looks like you just lost to this insolent, disrespectful bastard. Worthless trash."

Worthless trash....huh. I wonder if he is the worthless trash.

I sigh and look back at the scene playing before my eyes.

"Are you incapable of working out how to deal with magic you've never encountered before? A Magic Knight should consider all possibilities when fighting? Shouldn't they? You're not gonna win by just getting all worked up and firing off gigantic spells! Those that lose to me, are hardly fit to be Magic Knights!"

That's not true. It's not.

Xerx releases his magic, bright grey ash flares up around him.

His magic is ash, that trap Asta fell in earlier was his?! He's not even worth trash.

"Anyways, play time is over. Go start over from scratch and come back when you are ready, garbage knights." Xerx chuckles as he plants a hand on the crystal, he makes his magic flare up.

"GODDAMMIT!" The man below Xerx yells in frustration.

"Nah, I changed my mind. After all, my goal isn't to win. The truth is, I came here with another goal in mind." Xerx says as he turns around.

"What are you talking about?!" The enemy yells, I ball a fist.

"Cut the crap you dip shit." I growl as I start walking towards them.

"Ah? What ever could you mean, little girl." Xerx snickers.

"You worthless trash!" I yell as I charge forwards with a fist aimed at his face, he moves to the side and I smash the crystal behind him to pieces.

"Loss of Magic from a crystal has been confirmed! B Team is victorious!" The referee yells.

"Ahhhh! Good work, nice job guys! That was some fancy teamwork there, good work landing the final blow little girl." I growl as he narrows his eyes at me at the mention of my 'nickname'.

I march up to him, this time. I grab his collar and pull him down to my height.

"What the hell is your problem?! How could you act like that towards your fellow Magic Knights?! The other team was still impressive! You worthless trash, your not even worth spit!" I yell at him. He looks down at me.

"Impressive or not. Losing is losing. Our teamwork was better, so cheer up, princess." He says as he places his hand on mine that was grabbing his collar.

"Teamwork my ass. That trap that Asta got caught it, it was you wasn't it?! Just what on earth are you trying to pull?!" I yell again, unfazed by his actions.